Hi guys.

Soback

Hi everyone. I haven't visited the boards for 3 days. Got a little bit of a problem with my computer. I was trying to change the 3d card and burned out my motherboard. Can't tell the story right now (don't have much time). Anyway, since I don't have a computer I decided to build a new system and should have it up and running by wedneday or thursday. Also I am taking this "opportunity" to upgrade to P4 1.6 with a GF3 card, so I guess in a way it all works out for the best and right in time for BCM. Well, talk to you all in a couple of days on my new PC. Take care, bye.

Eh, haven't been on the board very much lately myself. Got my new comp and the associated problems with it. But I'm happy to think that I play ALL my games in the highest resolutions and details levels right now (all but battlezone 2...)

But I can't get my ICS to work (internet conenction sharing)... I worked 4 entire hours yesterday... trying to connect the old comp with the new one, but nowe only the old one (the internet and other desktop apps machine) has the internet.

ICS isnt that great of a protocol to use... if you working on a budget then sure. Its a hassle. I could never get it working either. LOL! Try setting up a VPN! Much more difficult. What version of windows is on em'?

quote:

May the Computer Gods be with you as you build it.

Heh Bill Gates have more pressing matters to do. Besides have you appeased him by buying the latest copy of Windows and Office XP?

By the way good luck on your venture, you're going to need it. I'm still trying to iron out the bugs from my last upgrade (a few weeks back?). For some reason my computer still feels way too slow for a 1.4gig athlon. Hell it even feels slower than my old pIII 800.

Yeaaaaa, I am BAAAAAAAAACK.

Here's what I got.

Asus P4t Motherboard

P4 1.6ghz processor

Asus V8200 GeForce 3 T2 w/64mb ddram, 3d glasses some software and some games, apparently this thing can do video capture and some other nice stuff.

Creative Soundblaster Live - also had some nice software and a bunch of extras in sound edditing and I can plug a joystick through it.

All other things like HD, CD-RW, floppy is from my old computer. I called EB, they said that they will be getting BCM this saturday. Can't wait.

quote:

ICS isnt that great of a protocol to use... if you working on a budget then sure. Its a hassle. I could never get it working either. LOL! <
> Try setting up a VPN! Much more difficult. What version of windows is on em'?

Well I don't see anything else I could use... unless I had a dsl router, which cost alot. I have win98se on both, and no I won't upgrade