the worst moment when you are playing a game?

Commander Jamont

If I was you Nick, Id listen when your woman wants to talk. From what I seen, you should be playing more with her than your PC. And if you dont, well, you know my offer from the other night still stands ...

No the worst moment is the moment you realize that although you said, "I've just got to save my game, I'll be down in a few minutes," several hours have gone by, and when you go downstairs, the lady of the house is going to be a bit peeved at you...

I was playing System Shock 2 demo. Was in the ship and just getting to wwhere the bad guys were (but didn't know it yet). I was creeping around with the spooky music getting me nervous and that weird whispering "we are. we. are" making it worse.

I turned around and creepy dude was in my face. I screamed like a girl.

Charles,

I sure am glad that I'm not the only one that gets lost in games that way!! ROFL

I have too many to even try to start telling about it, so I'll just leave it at that!!

quote:

Originally posted by Parias:

Anyone who recalls this gets a cookie:

DIVE, DIVE, DIVE, HIT YOUR BURNERS PILOT!!

Freespace 2

'Wolf in Sheep's Clothing' mission (or something like that)

Chocky bicky please.

Oh, worst moment gaming? Looking up and seeing it's getting light outside.

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: Paddy Gregory ]

quote:

Oh, worst moment gaming? Looking up and seeing it's getting light outside.

Got that right, and nothing angers my wife more then when I crawl quietly into bed at 6:30 in the morning!! LOL

Im sure this is the winner:

You are in *THE* most important, most crucial moment in the game (especially in MP games)...and mother nature decides that NOW is the only time to "go" or she will punish you severely.

And now you know why I bug the SC so much for the "facilities" in the BC!

And actually it happened to me again today.

Playing TFC, have more frags then anybody, and forgot to put ICQ on DND, and somebody messages you, and boom, TFC goes down and you're out!!

ARGH!!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Badgerius:

No the worst moment is the moment you realize that although you said, "I've just got to save my game, I'll be down in a few minutes," several hours have gone by, and when you go downstairs, the lady of the house is going to be a bit peeved at you...

that happened to me once!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Parias:

"Into the Lion's Den", but close enough

That's the one! Scared the shite out of me.

Edit:

Another one, crucial moment, just getting in the swing of things and..........'Daddy, pee-pee' or worse.

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: Paddy Gregory ]

When you have replayed a mission 30 times in the last 5 hours and finally you get a lucky break and are going to beat it, when the **** game locks up. And of course you have no save.

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: Advil ]

quote:

Playing TFC, have more frags then anybody, and forgot to put ICQ on DND, and somebody messages you, and boom, TFC goes down and you're out!!

I've got over 400 people on my list and recieve more than 100 messages on a daily basis, yet I've never had a game die on me just because I recieved an ICQ message.. what sound card do you have?

Worst moment...

I'm playing Tribes2, and I make a spectacular flag grab and manage to keep from getting killed by the enemy defense. They're hot on my trail all the way back to my base - their chaingun bullets are whizzing all around me, and grenade and disc explosions are warming my back as I ski like the devil. The score is tied, so this cap will win one for the Gipper. By the time I make it back, my armor is so chewed full of holes, it looks like I'm wearing chain mail. I'm 2 feet from my flag stand and...

hit the worst lag the 'net has ever seen. So bad in fact, I get timed out and automatically booted from the server.

Tip: Buy a Mouse Systems keyboard. They can really take a beating from your fist.

quote:

I've got over 400 people on my list and recieve more than 100 messages on a daily basis, yet I've never had a game die on me just because I recieved an ICQ message.. what sound card do you have?

The game doesn't actually die, it kicks back to Windows desktop, minimizes the game, and when I maximize it again, all sound is gone, and I am usually dead with the flag sitting next to me. I have to kill the game in order to get the sound back!! Torques me off when that happens!!

And I always know just before it happens, the game frame freezes, and then minimizes, and I always go S$%T as it's happening!!! My wife laughs her butt off at me!!!

If anyone plays Everquest, and knows an Enchanter's duty in a group (crowd control):

A huge train of 10 critters that were yellow and red slammed into my group, and I, the ONLY one that save the day... screws up by rapidly casting MEZMERIZE... when I had myself targeted.

Needless it is to say, I watched my group get slaughtered..the mez wore off when they were finishing the last guy..and I had time to GATE (teleport) outta there.

For an enchanter..thats humiliating

Lets see worst gaming moment Oh I have a few. mostly gone over already so I'll try not repeat any.

realising its 4am and I have to be in work in 2 hours

middle of a kicking some ass big time and my son walks in "Potty!......Potty!"

56K dial up modem - nuff said

And there are more but I won't bore you all

This was back in the early 90s when I playing X-Com or UFO Enemy Unknown for you Brits

Afer cramming my studies, I needed a break so I loaded my savegame and decided that it was time to beat some alien butt....there I was playing the game, when a couple of Etherals jumped my squad and beat the holy hell out of it ....which was when I finally I looked up from the screen, guess what ......it was the next night...I played 28 hours through without going to the loo or eating or sleeping or even taking a bath. Fortunately this was in college and I was living away from home...unfortunately I had exam had a exam in 6 hours time...hows that for engrossing gameplay...Needless to say I flunked the paper and had to do a resit.

Man, oh man, I missed those good ole days.

Worst moment when playing a game? Hafta be the one time I was playing PSO Ver. 2. I was on the last boss, and when I'm about to finish em' my

little brother comes in, yanks out my phone jack,

and says something about needing to call his annoying little friends.

Needless to say, I killed em'.

Hehehe am I the only one who has something bc related?

Staying in debris field collecting the pods all around (I typically need 10M galcreds per hour to survive... too much fighting), then some insurgent taskforce pops in and I'm their only enemy in that area... wakes up (mentally) and hit the AB. Kill everyone, take alot of time and get a severe beating, almost dead, radiation on 2 decks, lost fighters, several computers and other system, but I survived... something to be proud off, until you get bumped to death with one shuttle still collecting the material... ARRRGGGHHHH!!!

BUT then realising you haven't saved in 3 F*CKING HOURS!!!! (those were the ones in which you captured every raider station in the terran quadrant) NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]