day with new games: Empire Earth and Ghost Recon

Hunted

first off Empire Earth is outstanding!...if you need something to hold you over till next week THIS IS THE GAME

Ghost Recon i personally think right now is better than op flashpoint, one deals with squad based inf assaults the other deals with large style platoon assaults...personally since i am going into the army , and Ghost Recon is really a simulator of the future of warfare...so i am gonna go out on a limb and say i like it more :-)

either way both are good games if you can't wait for BCM like me, i already beat the marine campaign in AVP2 ANOTHER GREAT GAME...AND BY THE WAY RTCW has gone gold and ships on the 21st...there are a lot of great games coming out/in storeds now ...so get to it

Empire Earth is definitely great. It'll probably get RTS game of the year. But be careful with the scenario editor. It crashes a lot....

"Oh damn, he's already advanced to WWI! I'm still renaissance!!" -Me (during beta)

Civ 3 is also good. Unfortunately, not as good as EE. If Civ 3 had been released months ago, it would have been great....

Ghost Recon, IMHO, sucks ass. I remember playing that game a dozen times under the names Rainbow Six, Rogue Spear, etc, etc, etc. Not to mention the fact that it run like CRAP on my, the one, the only, the almighty super-computer. Especially when it dosn't even really look that good. Operation Flashpoint just blows everything else out of the water. Although I have recently been too distracted by Civ3, AvP2, Dark Age of Camelot (OMG, I can't believe I'm actually addicted to another MMORPG. Dammit!), and.... my Xbox. I havn't checked my e-mail since Wednesday thanks to that giant, heavy, black-n-green bugger.

I think Civ III is the game for me. While waiting for this game (BCM) to arrive here, I realized that it could take quite a while (1 week) as it's quite close to christmas. So I just spent 34.99 pounds on CIV III. One thing I can say about the game is that it's much more difficult than its predesessors but all and all its quite fun. Try it while waiting for BCM to arrive. You should be able to complete it in a few days .I certainly recommend it.

Picked up EE last night and stayed up playing it for about 8 hours... addictive game...

Look in the instruction manual on page 141 at the bottom and there is a picture of Osama Bin Laden... hehe

quote:

Picked up EE last night and stayed up playing it for about 8 hours... addictive game...

I picked EE up on Friday night also, Silk. It is a very good game...lots of things to do in it. It's like a bunch of different strategy RTS games rolled into one. If you feel like playing World War 2 one day, do it. If you feel like playing during the Rennaisance, do it!

I'm looking forward to the scenarios people will be coming up with.

I made a couple of scenarios, one of the mountains of Afganistan with Northern Alliance troops closing on the Taliban forces and you control a small special forces team with a Chinook helicopter to go in and take out Bin Laden.

I made one of Normandy where you are on the German side and i made one of where you are the invader - neither fully historically accurate, but they both looked cool as hell.

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

I made a couple of scenarios, one of the mountains of Afganistan with Northern Alliance troops closing on the Taliban forces and you control a small special forces team with a Chinook helicopter to go in and take out Bin Laden.

Why does that not surprise me in the slightest?

Got empire earth the day and had a lan with my friends,.....did a world war 2 naval battle scenario(eg. battle of the coral sea)........two words.....kicks butt!! My fav unit is the battle cruiser, I wonder why..........hehe

I took a screenie of my beach scenario that shows the barb-wire, tank traps, hills, pillboxes, AA gun, and a plane getting shot down, and a planes tail sticking up smoking that was shot down.

I'll put a link up later.

Ghost Recon i personally think right now is better than op flashpoint

--------------------------------------------------

This I might have to see. I was turned away slightly by the Gamespot Review. But then again Op Flash and Empire Earth also got low scores. I'm beginning to wonder weather those puttsis know what they are talking about. I can't wait to see what they have to say about Armada II.

Empire Earth is definitely great. It'll probably get RTS game of the year.

I would like to see it, but with it's 7.9 score at game spot, I doubt it.

The reviewer played down all the aspects that make it great and unique. Like he said the gaphics are plain blocky close up and that the game is best viewed from a wide zoom. Thats total crap. Sure if you zoom all the way in the outlines of units are a bit square, but if you roll your mouse wheel back 2 or 3 clicks it looks amazing. He dosn't really mention the little details like the varied death animations of units in battle, blood spaying around, units flying backwards in the air after the blow of a sword or tumbling to the ground in a vicious spin after getting hit with an arrow. Watching these details from a ground level view curtainly gives you an idea of what battles in that era were all about. But if you play the game from a wide zoom all the time you don't see all of that. Some othere cool aspects are the swaying trees in the wind or the rolling waves, translucient water and visible under water topographical formations and the changes in ground elevation is more pronounced than in any other RTS game. The unit AI is a little pokey but I'm sure the will improve that with a future upgrade.

Actually those were for Empire Earth - although I can churn out some kick ass OPFLASH missions too.

I did one mission and changed the flag graphics for the Soviet side (by default there is only American flags) and gave Soviets a town with defenders throughout and put an American force on the outskirts. Objective take the town, while Planes from both sides are bombing the hell out of everything while a Hind stalks your anti air units.

I also did some Special Ops missions where you and three special ops solders go in from the water, kill guards in a town, and take their jeep down the road to fuel depots where you bomb them with the detpacks and get out before the mechanized infantry arrives.

I do lots of missions with the Hind stalking people... it's intense to feel that S.O.B. gazing over your position knowing that all hell is about to reign down.