Leonid Meteor shower

Just got in from watching the Leonid Meteor Shower, Hope the rest of you got to see it.

VERY COOL!! Well worth staying up most of the night for!!! Will be the last time in 34 years, and it will not be this active again until 2099!! So if you missed it, SORRY.

The activity was up to 1 every 13 seconds, I saw as many as 4 at a time, it was mother natures own fireworks display. Saw some REAL big ones too, one even left a smoke trail, and was bright enough to light a good portion of the sky, fiery and blue and white with some red before finally disapearing in a BIG poof!! That was very COOL!!

Got my 5 year old up for it, and she is VERY excited, first time that she has ever seen a meteor shower, so it was fun to share that with her...

It is also my wifes birthday today, what a great way to start a birthday!! So Happy Birthday to my wife!!

Now, I am going to go to bed and sleep in VERY late this morning...

Good night!! or should I say good morning?

I think I missed the best part! I was up at 3:30am est, not too much to see. I got up at 4:00am saw one or two. My last try was at 4:50am, I again only saw a few. Then I gave up.

I was told this morning I should have been out there between 5-5:30am for the best sights around here. Figures! It was definately cool though.

It was also way to cold to be out in a bathrobe! hahaha.

Low lying fog totally blotted it out here in the northern subs of Detroit MI. Nary a flash was seen.

EDIT: You'd think being born and raised in Michigan, Detroit would be the LAST word I'd mispell!! AARG!

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: krazor ]

i saw most of it! but i think if i had known before hand how cold it was going to be i would have stayed in bed.

but i have to say that seeing it was realy cool!

i hardly look up at the stars and for some reason when i looked up this morning it made me feal veary small. (thats a creepy fealing!)

I saw it too. Had to put on the snowboarding gear I havn't used in years to stay warm.

Incredible show, and that was even with the light fog that obscured most of the horizon.

Awesome. I'm only sorry that I didn't drive out to the other side of the state where it's darker to see it better. It would have been worth it.