What have you been upto while waiting for BCM?

Pyros

What have people been occupying themselves with while waiting?

I got the urge to build a robot to try and qualify for the 6th series of robot wars (end of 2002) will hopefully be ready to test Junk bot in the the live events sometime february.

Upto now its pretty sad, drive motor is a modified bosch window wiper model from a ford sierra meant to run at 12v but currently a 36v charge is used (limited to 10 mins running time or meltdown occurs), calculated running speed is about 16 miles an hour which isn't bad for an estimated (with weapon)48kg bot, weapon is following the KIS (keep it simple) A 10kg chunk of ramming metal at the front.

I am just waiting on two things finishing the ackermen car style front steer which is a complete b@tch both electronicly and mechanically and the armor parts which will be based on a layered design inner plywood then sheet mild steel and an outer layer of chain link fencing (being only in the mid weight class I don't have the money or knowledge to go for kevlar/titanium and coatings).

Dimensions atm are height=63cm, width=75cm length=84cm.

On top of the armor Paola is probably going to design a paper mache look for the robot.

Soooo if you see a bot called junkbot that looks like a walking scrap yard you know who it is, or if Paola gets her way on the design side it will be renamed Moocow bot and will look like a giant cows head

quote:

What have people been occupying themselves with while waiting?

I'm currently taking two weeks vacation. Veteran's day and the Thanksgiving holiday came so close I was able to take seven days vacation time and get two weeks off. I haven't done a damme thing.

quote:

I got the urge to build a robot to try and qualify for the 6th series of robot wars

Way too cool you b@astard! I LOVE Robot WArs.

Spent quite a bit of money on other game since I preordered. Yes I'm an avid gamer and I can't seem to say NO to games that I like.

Oh yeah, sold my car, selling my old flat in Glasgow and bought a new car. I must've been bored to do all that.

p.s. Pyro don't mess with HypnoDisc or he'll munch on your robot.

[ 11-22-2001: Message edited by: Fendi ]