So I just left the Marine Recruiter's office...

Guest $iLk

Hey, good luck.

When I graduate from high school next year I'm gonna join the Navy.

Come to think of it, I can sign up in a couple of month's(advance enlistment)

Plus I'll get a pay raise for my three years of JROTC.

Good luck again.

Sincerly,

c1st lt. J.Smith

Color Guard commander

Avondale High School

Ok I'm back.

And I'm still a little shaken from the MEPS stuff...

The things they made me do in the physical... I feel violated..

Anyway I'm supposed to leave 11 February. I'm a little apprehensive right now, and I'm kind of sore from exercising. But I should have plenty of time to get my dormant ass back into shape.

Anyhoo, I scored an 89 on the ASVAB and basically they told me I could have any job I wanted. I got disqualified by the doctor because he didn't like what my tatoo said, but after the marine counselors and my recruiter cussed him and the other doctors out they passed me with no hassle.

I know it's a good thing for me to do, but at the same time, just knowing how long I was going to be away just made me want to come home and hold my wife and son, unfortunately my son is out of town with my grandparents.

I know I'll be gone for about 3 months, home for a week, and gone for like half a month before going to my MOS school. But I want to try and get on-base housing if at all possible, and want to be able to take my family with me. They said it would only be possible to take them if I was going to be on a base for a long time.

I'm thinking of trying to be one of the network repair technicians, for TCP/IP and LAN's and WAN's and all that stuff.

I'm feeling weird right now knowing I've just sold at least 4 years of my life, but I know in my mind it's the best thing for me. I dunno... cheer me up

was putting this as a recruitment bid for the Wraith Marine Corps...but this would cheer you up

THE EIGHT DAYS OF CREATION

In the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was GOD. In the beginning was GOD and all else was darkness and bold without form. So GOD created the heavens and Earth. He created the sun, the moon, and the stars, so that light might pierce the darkness. And the Earth, GOD divided between the land and the sea, and these he filled with many assorted creatures.

And the dark, salty, slimy creatures that inhabited the murky depths of the oceans, GOD called sailors, and he dressed them accordingly.

And the flighty creatures of the air, he called airmen. And these he clothed in uniforms, which were ruffled and foul.

And the lower creatures of the land GOD called soldiers. And with a twinkle in his eye and a sense of humor that only he could have, GOD gave them trousers too short and covers to large, and pockets to warm their hands. And to adorn their uniforms GOD gave them ribbons, and patches, and stars, and bells. He gave them emblems, crests, and all sorts of shiny things that glittered, and devices that dangled. When you're GOD you tend to do things in a big way.

And on the seventh day, as you know, GOD rested. And on the 8th day, at 0530, GOD looked down upon the Earth and was not happy... GOD was not happy.

So he thought about his labors, and in his infinite wisdom GOD created a divine creature and this he called a MARINE. And these Marines GOD created in his own image, were to be of the air, the land, and the sea. And these he gave many wonderful uniforms, so they could wage war against the forces of Satan and evil. He gave them service uniforms for their daily work and training, that they may be sharp and ready...

And he gave them evening and dress uniforms. Sharp, stylish, handsome things, so they might promenade with the ladies on Saturday night and impress the hell outta everybody!

And at the end of the 8th day, GOD looked down upon the Earth and saw that it was good. But, was GOD happy? No! GOD still was not happy. Because in the course of his labor he had forgotten one thing... He did not have a MARINE uniform! But he thought about it and thought about it, and finally satisfied himself in knowing that, well, not everybody can be a MARINE…

quote:

I'm feeling weird right now knowing I've just sold at least 4 years of my life, but I know in my mind it's the best thing for me. I dunno... cheer me up

That's because you did! You are government property now! Well, at least for 4 years!

quote:

I'm thinking of trying to be one of the network repair technicians, for TCP/IP and LAN's and WAN's and all that stuff.

Good choice At least you did not go for that inflight missile repair MOS

quote:

Hehehe ... wait until the DI gets a hold of you

Get in shape; running (5 miles x3 days per week), pushups (50 in 2 minutes), situps (60 in 2 minutes), and pullups - not chinups - 15. when you get outta bootcamp, your wife will not recognize you You'll be a lean, mean, fighting machine - fact not a cliche.

TTFN

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: Gallion ]