A New Year's Resolution

Cmdr Nova

Donate Your Spare Cycles and Such..... Help humanity!

Play your part, and help move cancer research along! Go to United Devices, and take a look around.

It's a distributed computing program, much like SETI@home. They operate several projects, like the Intel-United Devices Cancer Research Project. This is the largest "virtual supercomputer" in the world, and you can be part of it, too and help cure cancer, improve genetic research, and whatnot.

You can download the UD Agent here. (Download the Windows 2000 version, if you use WinXP.)

Also, if you're interested in joining, check the team I've set up for our little Battlecruiser Community. View it here.

Yeah, I've sorta been inspired to do something that helps people, since the earlier events of this year. Since I can't really do anything else to help, this is my way of helping out humanity. I suggest you guys join along. (Especially you folks that have multiple systems and/or systems that are hooked up to the internet that you don't use for gaming.)

A nice little new years resolution for me to run this thing, when I'm not playing BCM or other games or resource-intensive stuff. Hope this speech didn't sound to propaganda-ish. I'll get off my soapbox now. (But join my team, please. )

[ 12-30-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

Just one and thats the hardest one for me....to quit smoking. I've tried nicotine patches, hypnotism (which by the way convinced me that 50 quid a session is worth it and Elvis is still alive) and all manner of gimmicks. I've managed to quit a few months at a time with a year being my all time best record.

This time though I want to quit for good. Therefore, I shall quit tommorrow...

Good luck Fendi, and all you other nicotine bandits that are gonna try and quit. Me? I'll make a token effort I spose. Im no good at giving up things that are bad for me. I've got too many vices, and every time I try to give one up some sort of disaster occures that stresses me to the point where I think "Ok, just one smoke/evening out with the lads/trip down to PC World and I'll be good for the rest of my life ..."

Im weak. Really weak. Im not gonna kid myself. I want to stop, but I lack the willpower to do it.

quote:

Fendi posted on 12-31-2001

Awwwww!!!! Not again, you having been promising that everyday.

Anyway, my new year's resolution is simple enough get Intercorp Unlimited up and running by getting more members in whether by hook or by crook before MP is out.

What you mean in RL? Then I intend to work less for more a higher salary

[ 12-31-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Jeffery Eu ]

Hmmm but then again my dad has always told me "Whatever happens son, never give up!! If at first you don't succeed, pick up the pieces and try again"

Bah I'll still quit tommorrow....

Guest rtoolooze

Hmmmm.... I think I'll quit using this AMD 1.2 Thunderbird, and Geforce 2 GTS, and start using a Athon XP 1900+ with GeForce 3 Ti 500. Yea, I think thats my resolution.

(Atually, I have the new board, and the DDR2700 Ram already. I'm just waiting for the cpu and vid card to get here. WooooooHooooo! I know, the machine I use now does a good job. Its just that I have this disease called "Serious Gamer"! I simply must have the best. So, by the end of this week, my sig profile will change, muahahahahah!!!!!! )

quote:

Originally posted by rtoolooze:

Hmmmm.... I think I'll quit using this AMD 1.2 Thunderbird, and Geforce 2 GTS, and start using a Athon XP 1900+ with GeForce 3 Ti 500. Yea, I think thats my resolution.

(Atually, I have the new board, and the DDR2700 Ram already. I'm just waiting for the cpu and vid card to get here. WooooooHooooo! I know, the machine I use now does a good job. Its just that I have this disease called "Serious Gamer"! I simply must have the best. So, by the end of this week, my sig profile will change, muahahahahah!!!!!! )

I have a disease called "Empty Wallet"

quote:

Originally posted by Fendi:

Just one and thats the hardest one for me....to quit smoking. I've tried nicotine patches, hypnotism (which by the way convinced me that 50 quid a session is worth it and Elvis is still alive) and all manner of gimmicks. I've managed to quit a few months at a time with a year being my all time best record.

Friend of mine quit by using cinnamon flavored mouthwash, toothpaste and grapefruit juice. Sounds odd but he swears by it.

Oh yeah...resolution: Learn to play the piano, been a life long ambition of mine and I finally have the equipment to make it happen.

[ 12-31-2001: Message edited by: Tyrn ]

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrn:

Friend of mine quit by using cinnamon flavored mouthwash, toothpaste and grapefruit juice. Sounds odd but he swears by it.

Tried it. Doesn't work I'll still start again after a few weeks. Didin't you guys remember, I did quit last time?

I went and picked up a 24 case of beer, a liter of vodka, and some pina colata or whatever's.

I'm going to go think about my resolution tonight after I get blitzed...

quote:

Originally posted by Guybert:

Trouble is beer and tobacco seem to go so well together .....

hehehe, actually it's the java and tobacco that go so good together. Talk about a jump start in the AM

Resolutions...?... hmmm ... do make them anymore, I seem to always break them so why bother

Think I'll build me a new system, this one is geting sloooow

TTFN and HNY to all

quote:

Originally posted by Steve Schacher:

Mine's the same as last year...

...resolve to stop posting after midnight! I'm sure that Derek would agree with that.

That's impossible to me (when i'm off school)!!! So that's why that's not my resolution.

[ 12-31-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

quote:

Originally posted by Gallion:

Think I'll build me a new system, this one is geting sloooow

Cripes, Gallion. I just looked at your specs... you could go dual XP or dual Xeon, but hell's bells, you've got a pretty fast system.

Oh, N/M you're going to go with a G4 mac... hehe, right?!?!?!?!?