Pretty FPS

Guest Grayfox

Guest Grayfox

for those who do like purty FPS with an interesting, active story line, check out Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. i bought it yesterday, and whoooo boy. Its about a 1st LT in the 2nd Ranger Battalion (w00t) who gets tasked for some ops with the old OSS (Office of Strategic Services). the missions are well done, the graphics are pretty darn good, and you get to do Operation Overlord, complete with starting in the higgins boat, and doing a bangalore run (c0|/|b4t 3||gI||33r5 r0xx0rz). the game surprised me... especially because its from EA... i kept catching myself sayin "holy s###" alot through this thing... some of it is pretty intense.

cheers!

p.s. hey i made cmdr w00t

gR4Yf0x r0xx0rz j00

Guest Grayfox

quote:

Originally posted by Parias:

The ending, or complete lackthereof was kinda depressing.

haha... well it dont matter, the missions are pretty well done... just something about riding in a higgins boat, lookin over the port side and seeing an arty round hit the boat next to you and watch it explode, bodies flying (one almost hits your boat)

but for a game with this type of theme, youd think it would be extremely bloody or gory... but it isnt, which is a cool change of pace i think.

the whole operation overlord thing really got me going "holy s^^^"... men screaming, arty rounds hitting close, MG fire keeping your head down... bangalore runs... youd think after 50+ years theyd come up with a replacement for the bangalore, but did they??? noooooo... those things are heavy as hell, and everytime i had to haul one up to a wire obstacle i would curse the creator of them... often...

I have a brother-in-law that picked up Operation Flashpoint. Only problem is he has an older HP with an integrated 8meg ATI card, and the game needs a minimum of 16. So while he is comtemplating a new vidcard, I borrowed it from him in the mean time. The gameplay is great, but the vehicle controls are totally ackward, as they are still based on the same FPS values. I mean flying a plane, or helecopter with your mouse??? Graphics are another story, as everything looks ok, execpt the greenery. It definately needs a revisiting.

[ 02-06-2002, 12:50: Message edited by: Greg Miller ]

Guest Grayfox

whoah man operation flashpoint is defintely THE game... that and BCM have a permanent space on my HD. i just love the ease of making your own missions. i mean i could do missions we did in Haiti, or Bos, and its fairly easy to do. plus the original missions are cool as hell. sometimes i had that sweaty mouse action goin from the intense-ness of it

Guest Grayfox

sheesh parias, you werent kidding about the lack of an ending for MOHAA. kinda like the ending for Hidden and Dangerous. but the gameplay (to me) more than made up for that... besides just taking part in the Operation: Overlord scenario just blew me away.