ST Bridge Commander Demo

Supreme Cmdr

Frigging cool!! Get it!!

Man, I'm so glad they didn't botch this. The graphics aren't anything special, but they get the job done.

And once you've played it. Just think, in about 18 months, you'd have an entire ship - an entire ship - to command.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Frigging cool!! Get it!!

Man, I'm so glad they didn't botch this. The graphics aren't anything special, but they get the job done.

And once you've played it. Just think, in about 18 months, you'd have an entire ship - an entire ship - to command.

That's awesome ... an entire ship? with the toilets too?

People will play Bridge Commander thinking all the time: "Damn, if i could only stand up and take the turbolift to go to my quarters!... hey... but... hey.. there's a game in development like that! uhmmm... from 3000ad... i don't wanna play ST BC anymore... let's go to www.3000ad.com to read the latest development news!!!"

I just checked out that demo.

Interactive TV show for sure!

I would agree the graphics aren't that great, but hey, it's Activision we're talking about here. I'm sure they are targeting a specific market of pre-teens and young adolescents who probably won't have access to top of the line equipment, with this title.

But it's still kewler than frog legs in a frying pan. LOL

FYI guys, if you're impatient and can't wait untill final to check out the Sovereign bridge in action, do this:

Go into your Bridge Commander DemoScriptsBridge directory and search for the two files "GalaxyBridge.pyc" and "SovereignBridge.pyc". Then essentially just do the ol' switcheroo on those files, using whatever means you desire. Voila, Sovereign bridge

Haven't tried it myself, but I hear it works and looks damn nice at that..

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Frigging cool!! Get it!!

An entire ship? That sounds great, but I also want some fighters, land on planets, and be able to be FP in space. Wonder if that will be in ST Bridge Commander.

2 years ago, I read a magazine (can't remember which one) and there were three games that caught my eye and that was BCM, Star Shatter and STBC. From playing the Full-Version of BCM and Star Shatter demo, I haven't been dissapointed at all. And now SC says that STBC is good, well, it just proves to show that Fendi has good tastes in games.

The only downside of ordering STBC is the shipping costs to Europe which makes the grand total of the game to $90 odd dollars.

edit ~ so do you guys think they've finnally broken the Star Trek games curse?

edit2 ~

quote:

I've just clicked on. 18 months is just about perfect for me. I get my holidays then. I know, I'm a bit slow today.

[ 02-16-2002, 07:51: Message edited by: Fendi ]

Guest Grayfox

quote:

Originally posted by Vanethian:

That's awesome ... an entire ship? with the toilets too?

lol. cept the lavoratories are called "the head" in navy speak lmao... too funny. 18 months... *drool*

quote:

Originally posted by Grayfox:

lol. cept the lavoratories are called "the head" in navy speak lmao... too funny. 18 months... *drool*

Yea. Except for Resnig, he gets the special toilet. Navy speak for it, its called the airlock.

This is a very very very very cool demo. I don't care about the graphics, I just want more Star Trek.

quote:

Hey! 25th Anniversary wasn't bad.

Heh, yeah, that and Judgement Rites were classics... I enjoyed A Final Unity as well, nothing like going out to single-handedly wage war on the Romulan Empire. Klingon Academy had it's problems, but it was pretty fun to play as well.

[ 02-16-2002, 14:34: Message edited by: Parias ]

quote:

An entire ship? That sounds great, but I also want some fighters, land on planets, and be able to be FP in space. Wonder if that will be in ST Bridge Commander.

Why would you want that? BCM lets you do that anyways!

quote:

Originally posted by ShoHashi:

quote:

Why would you want that? BCM lets you do that anyways!

Hmmm... Maybe I should have loaded up a little more on sarcasm.

I swear , the next time I read a review slamming the SC as some type of Megalomaniac, so wrapped up in his own sh-t and being dismissive of his competitors work(Truly, does he really have any?)

I going to Fatal a crapload of Vagrants right up thier collective asses. I am new to this gaming

community and I have noticed the SC only flames those in need of flaming. I have read him raving about other games and development teams WHEN THE WORK WAS WORTHY!.I think a true sign of genius is

when you can validate someone elses work with noe fear of diminihing your own and Derek you do that man. I guess when you know you are without peer it is easy to be magnanomous. In the best review I read on BC3000ad the reviwer stated more reviewers would think this game rocks if it was Sid Meier's BC300ad. For all it's worth we appreciate your contribution.

Hey now, don't knock Latrobe PA. It's home of Rolling Rock beer! Besides, you know what we yankees call Florida don't you? God's waiting room!

BTW, I agree -- STBC's demo rocks. I think it tipped me over the edge -- I'm going to pre-order the game tonight.

quote:

Originally posted by Masefield:

STBC's demo rocks. I think it tipped me over the edge -- I'm going to pre-order the game tonight.

Yeah!!! It's very impressive! I wonder when will be available the italian version. I would like to pre-order it too.

Guest Grayfox

Rolling Rock!!! do they still make that in the little bottles? i always thought those were cool.

and i thought they called Vegas gods waiting room... or is it where the old people go after florida

quote:

...Then essentially just do the ol' switcheroo on those files, using whatever means you desire. Voila, Sovereign bridge

This works (I just tried it) and it looks good (not movie quality, but what are we to do?) So if you feel like commanding a Galaxy class Soverign try it out.