ST Bridge Commander Demo

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played the demo yesterday and I was impressed.. very good indeed, but I have serious trouble winning quick battles with a Galaxy-class ship. Less as worse with the Klingon Bird of prey, and much better with the Romulan Warbird, without even using the cloaking.

I look forward to buying this game when I can.

I picked up the full version the other day, very impressive. There's nothing quite like firing off an entire salvo of Quantum Torpedoes from a Sovereign class battleship. Overall, its a very good game, but it could stand some improvement in some things. Mainly an addition of a free form universe.

Gamespot have their review up.

If you own the game and have played in mp, you should see first hand what happens when you try to shoe-horn such an advanced feature into a game.....just before you ship it.

Since day one, they said NO mp would be in the game. What happened? A few months toward the end of dev, it was suddenly going to make it in. Probably under pressure from Activision and/or the fan base. The result? Its a blantant failure and should have been left out and the game shipped earlier.

I ordered BC after playing the demo and so far have not been at all disappointed , well maybe i'd like to transport Saffi into a bulkhead on

the Geki mining colony but thats just me. Tried to play mp and just didn't have the patience. If you take BC for what it is , a childhood fantasy romp for ST lovers it is very satisfactory. That's why I bristle when people make suggestions regarding how to make it better , by suggesting it be more like BCM. Look I occassionally like to play checkers with my nieces and checkers are cool, for awhile. When I want to be challenged and perhaps even frustrated by complex three dimensional stuff , I play chess. I liken BC to checkers and BCM to chess. I don't want to make checkers more like chess , checkers are fun in its simplicity and so is BC. Ship a multiplayer patch and leave it as it is. When I want a real challenge,I plan a campaign against Gammula and launch Bugnor after bugnor then limp back to Galcom with my crew dying of radiation poisoning.

But like I said thats just me.

" Worms gotta eat , same as the buzzards"

the Outlaw Josey Wales response to a plea to bury two men he'd just shot dead