Any Andromeda fans?

Outlaw

Well being a devoted scifi fan I have seen the many great shows come and go but nothing grabs my attention more than Andromeda. I especially like the whole thing about Nietzcheans and the prides. Too many scifi shows focus a lot on exploration and different alien cultures which don't feel realistic to me. The Nietzcheans in Andromeda r human and despite the genetic modifications, the writers have the potential of creating more realistic, emotionally impactful stories that makes u wanna watch it over again. Robert Hewitt Wolfe, considered to b Andromeda's best writer has left and that has saddened me much. The second season has its ups and downs probably because of the new writers(I still can't believe Rev Bem is gone) and I hope that the new writers can make up for this. U can say Hercules in Space all u want but the show got me hooked because of the characters especially Tyr 'cuz he is a Nietzchean and Harper the most funniest engineer of all scifi shows! And u gotta love the space combat on the show. Andromeda is a warship not some peace loving, exploration starship. No lightsaber? No problem, when u have a force lance, u too can become an army of one. And last but not least, u gotta love those memorable quotes at the beginning of the show.

[ 02-15-2002, 10:37: Message edited by: Outlaw ]

I like the universe, but I'm not too sure on the actors... though I did hear that the Rev character had to leave because of alergies to the makeup used in his costume.

hehe, the show's pretty cool now. it's gone from generic Star Trek to an edgy show that is at times hackneyed but still has enough hot chicks kick'n arse to make it acceptable.

I don't like the Warrior dude (the one with the weird spikes on his arms) though, his acting is melodramatic. Every line seems to be pushed and way over the top.

other than that, the show's got promise. it's taken the darker side of spread'n the peace. especially with the purple good luck charm turned red demoness

I like Andromeda - unfortunatly I missed pretty much the entire second series due to work commitments but I'm looking forward to the next series. I agree Tyr is a good character but he does tend to over act abit now and again IMHO. Otherwise its shaping up to be a fine series.

quote:

Originally posted by Fendi:

One word that keeps me hooked on that show...Romy.

She is hot! hot! hot! hot! hot!!

LOL that's you alright ... I don't know which character is my favorite... they're all good in their way... I liked Rev less, but he was fun at some times

I thonk you guys are missing the point on Tyr. The Nietchians(awful spelling) on the whole are

grandiose , dramatic people. Hunt's original second in command had a similar presence and it would'nt do to have a more laid back approach. I mean their kind of klingons with good manners and thier culture is one the most interesting aspects of the show. I think it is important to remember it takes time for writers to get a feel for the characters and to write scripts that take advantage of that knowledge. Really , did anyone think ST/TNG would be great after " Encounter at Farpoint" ? I didn't watch it again for a couple of months , and some of season ones episodes were real dogs. It wasn't until Ryker got a beard and Data got laid that things really took off. Give

Andromeda a chance and keep who ever screwed up Earth Final Conflict far , far away and it will be okay. Now that was a show with promise that relly bites the big one now,no matter how hot Renee Palmer is( and she is HOT!)