My IMAGE!

Akuma Minako

quote:

Originally posted by Akuma Minako:

Anywho who has a comment on the following word...

*clears her throat*

Moo.

Woof.

(If anyone's been wondering where I've been, I am at the moment speaking to you from the land of analog internet. *shudders* That creepy dial-up screeching sound sends shivers up my spine now.)

quote:

*recalls that dreaded sound and shudders too* It is kinda creepy.

Watch out, you┬┤re on a thin ice here. Everything you write goes through my 56K, and it is sensitive for that kind of comment. It might not work next time I try to connect, or worse it might connect it self to the surround speakers and give it to me in Dolby stereo!!

Hehehe I was never on 56k

No in fact before I got broadband I was stuck with a external 14400 bauds modem on a free internet access that disconnected me each 15 mins and that had a big orange-cheddar ad bar that ate 25% of my 640x480 monitor's height on my 486dx 66mhz *shudders*

Now I have a 1200000/160000 bauds connection (wow that looks bigger than it really is )

[ 02-24-2002, 19:03: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

quote:

Uhh..Omg....Umm....Nice....Dial up connection...Good...Uhhhh Dial up connection...

Hey some of us don't have a choice over here the average choice for home Access is either 56K or ISDN(both of which require paying for your phone calls).

ADSL is a while off(The national provider was supposed to provide it but they were charging to much and the launch was pulled no sign of it re-surfacing)

So the only option is a leased line which a hideously expensive and out of reach of nearly ALL home internet users.

So have pitty for all us poor souls Stuck on 56K some of us dream for more but it is just out of our control

Hey now that's encouraging to see Dreada. Yeah I run a 56k modem here at home and I got the speaker turned off too!

£20 a month is still a lot to pay out though imo. Espech if we still have to pay for the calls as well. You could be looking at around £50 - £60 a month including the call costs... That's way too high expence for me to justify to the high command (*ahem* aka the missus)

Now, may be someone will tell me that it includes call costs and is unlimited access to the net for the £20 a month... Yup, I could perhaps get approval for that!

For 256kb ADSL connection we pay around £35 /57euros per month, no phone bill, free download up to 1GB. Then there are cheaper offers, and more expensive 512kb,1024kb...

I don┬┤t have ADSL myself, but my friend has 256kb, it takes about 30secs to d/l 1mb, is that average or what on a 256kb?

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

Emmett,

Haven't you seen the
? Things are looking up for us UK-ians, thats if you aren't already a broadbander with of our other 'few' providers.

So looks like we may be in time to get a shot at BCM-MP afterall!

Yea saw the news last night that BT had dropped prices for ADSL, however that presents me with one problem

I don't live in the UK. Eircom is the national provider over here and they have not even released ADSL over here yet there was an aborted launch last year but the price was ridiculous (about Ôé¼150 per month AFAIK). So the government stopped them from releasing with such a high sub price but Nothing has been heard from them since about it.

So I'm stuck on 56K V92 connection for the forseeable future *Shudders* the only time I get a decent connection is when I am in work(10mb leased line YES!!!!!) but I can't play games in here.....

[ 02-27-2002, 02:50: Message edited by: Emmett.hendrick ]

I remember it all... sadly in all liklihood I'm fixing to have to go back to the times of 500MB downloads freezing up at 499.99MB and getting disconnected and my DL manager losing the server.