CANADA 5-2!!! YEAH!!!!!

Fractux

One word describes it all:

boom

To me, it wasn't that the US was playing that bad (well... not that bad.), it's just that Canada just exploded with a huge offensive barrage in the third. Coolness. It was like they were a perfectly tuned machine. It was like-wow.

Bah, but both teams had a combo of my favorite NHL players (yeah, lots of the top teams had players on both sides), so it's not a crushing defeat. (Now, it probably would be a crushing blow if one of those completely foreign, non-NHL teams beat the US or Canada, but that's not the point. Or is it; I'm in one of those medpack-moods where I lead myself in circles, excuse me.)

Still, I liked some of the earlier games a lot. Especially those where the teams were just a little too hyped up with the strategy of "knock everyone else out of the game".

quote:

Originally posted by Dredd:

Canadians should burn. Or the country should be taken over by America and they are made into Americans. Or they should be nuked. Especially French Canadians. Hate them. Quebec has French all over, all smoking, everywhere, speaking French, with accents. BURN!!!

Now that's not very nice and rather offensive

The olympics should be cause for celebration, and not stirring up hatred.

French Canadians, BTW are Canadians, so you've not just offended "them", but all Canadians. And picking out a perceived "minority" [if almost 6 million is a minority] if another thing that should be avoided.

Frustration I can understand, but this IMO pushes it beyond what is right.

Cheers!

[ 02-24-2002, 23:19: Message edited by: Fractux ]

quote:

Canadians should burn. Or the country should be taken over by America and they are made into Americans. Or they should be nuked. Especially French Canadians. Hate them. Quebec has French all over, all smoking, everywhere, speaking French, with accents. BURN!!!

I'm all for humor but... this is offensive, racist and below the standards of this board. Its also not very funny.

quote:

Originally posted by Guttersnipe:

quote:

I'm all for humor but... this is offensive, racist and below the standards of this board. Its also not very funny.

I agree. Especialy since I AM a french-canadian

Based on the general level of respect and and intelligence that is shown on this board. I think we should assume that Dredd meant this as a joke, a little shot at some of our "stereotypes" as a way to vent a little frustration.

Sometimes things you type or print dont accurately convey the true intent of your thoughts.

It was meant as a good natured shot....right Dredd?

If not then I must admit that I am dissappointed by your comments as well and suggest that maybe this thread should be closed before things get a little too out of hand.

Cheers

Ok, firstly, I also was hoping it was a joke, but I read these comments a couple times and said to myself:

What would happen to me if the US had won and I posted a comment like this without any indication that it was intended as a joke?

If I said this about the US I would be banned outright, no questions asked.

I'm NOT saying Dredd should be banned, but I'm saying that this commecnt is as intolerable to us as it would be had it been written about the US.

I don't want to keep on the subject, as I hope it was just a sporadic outburst, but still, I had hoped people would not just let this pass by without at least thinking about my above comment.

Cheers!

quote:

Originally posted by Dredd:

Hope you┬┤re joking. This comment is very offensive. You should at least explain what you mean by this.

btw, congratulations Canada, 50 years? About time!

[ 02-25-2002, 10:43: Message edited by: Has ]

Heh, ignoring the offensive stuff...

Got outside, hears this... "Hwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" All the way from our part of towns biggest bar Shanks. Then you can hear. "HONK HONK HOoooooonkk...Beeep....Beeeeeeeeeeeep" For like six hours. We had drunk employees coming into work, people running round our parking lot with canadian flags...Running everywhere actually...Hahahaha. And people running through the store going "We won we won weeeee woonnn...Yea!" And we all cheered back!

We invented the damn game. 'bout time we got our title back.

Personally I thought the US team played admirably. I don't think they should beat themselves up too much. But it was real nice to see Canadians playing with such team work and passion and skill. It REALLY didn't look like we could pull it off when we played Sweden, but the team smartened up and played their hearts out.

And we didn't have to put anyone's flag on the floor of our dressing room either.

My congrats to the Canadian hockey team and their fans, being a Ranger fan I can relate to the celebrations that are going on in Canada after the long drought. All in all it was a very entertaining game and although I would like to have seen the US team win,it was nice that Mario got the gold, seeing all that he has gone through. Hopefully we can give you a run for your money in four years.