I found this funny...

J.Smith

No offense to any fomer or active marines out there, but an army recruiter was talking to my JROTC class the other day. He found out that my friend plans to go to the marines, so he said:

"let me tell you something about Marines. marines are like bananas, the start green, turn yellow and die in bunches!! "

Anyway the whole class started laughing, does anybody else find this funny, or have one to share of their own, no matter what service?

We had 99 marines serving onboard the carrier I served on in the US Navy, (USS John F. Kennedy). Among other things, they ran the ship's brig.

I doubt I could list all the things we used to call them.

And if I did, this post would surely be deleted. Heheh.

Idaho

quote:

Originally posted by J.Smith:

"let me tell you something about Marines. marines are like bananas, the start green, turn yellow and die in bunches!! "

Anyway the whole class started laughing, does anybody else find this funny, or have one to share of their own, no matter what service?

What do you expect, he's army. Just remember, the Marines have the Expeditionary Forces.

Guest Grayfox

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr WeeGee:

What do you expect, he's army. Just remember, the Marines have the Expeditionary Forces.

true, but the army has rangers, delta, and greenies. we have so many excellent special ops people we need to split em into 3 groups

but i will give force recon their props, and the seals, and the AF commandos. but it is fun to bust chops every now and then