Anyone remember...?

A Tv documentary a few years ago about a teenage girl that was sexually exploited by a drug dealer/pimp.. and in one night when the girl had been drugged up, she killed the guy she had been trying for so long to get away from.

She was sentenced to death row, and if memory serves me right, was executed while still a teenager.

The question is, anyone remember what her name was? What state? Did it happen?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never heard of that. Why do you people even have death row? That's horrible! To sentance a teenager to death because she defended herself against an abusive, tortorious boyfriend? That's HORRIBLE! I really hope that you're laws have changed since then!

quote:

Originally posted by Akuma Minako:

I never heard of that. Why do you people even have death row? That's horrible! To sentance a teenager to death because she defended herself against an abusive, tortorious boyfriend? That's HORRIBLE! I really hope that you're laws have changed since then!

I believe Death row is a good thing... but in this case it's wrong... (oh I see a Death sentense debate coming up)

I believe only obviously proven mass murderers should be sentenced to death. This applies to serial killers, terrorists and criminal gang leaders (and some of their members, if needed)

Well, in my opinion. Killing is wrong as a punishment, self-defence is OK... but only then because It may be nessersary to do so to keep yourself alive.

If a person kills another, I say lock em up for 5 decades... see if they still want to go on a psychotic crusade, and if they do... just keep'm in there. They can have a padded room next to mine!

It also saves people from unfortunate screw-up's like what happened to that girl, although... life imprisonment isn't much better than death, it still is better.

I wouldn't mind being locked up, so long as they let me read.

It's a far greater crime to remove a man's (or woman's) freedom. Killing them just sends them back to the beginning of the line. (Well, at least this is what the Hindu's believe).

I say just kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out.

Please pass the popcorn!

Idaho

I believe in doing away with lethal injections, gas chambers, electric chairs, etc.

Bring back hangings and firing squads!

Hell bring back drawing and quartering too!

Heheh $iLk,

You said it!

Me, I'm all for something like the old arena's, with lions, and stuff. Toss them in there, if they win, they get to fight again next week.

(Of course, they mustn't be armed, can't have them harming those poor Lions now, can we? Animals have rights!)

Forget the WWF, give us the Arena!

Idaho

Hello friends! I'm against death penalty too. Death penalty is something that still bond modern trials to Middle Ages cruelty and later Spanish Holy Inquisition: an illogical ferocity act.

[ 03-07-2002, 07:02: Message edited by: Vanethian ]

quote:

Originally posted by Vanethian:

Hello friends! I'm against death penalty too. Death penalty is something that still bond modern trials to Middle Ages cruelty and later Spanish Holy Inquisition: an illogical ferocity act.

Heheh, Hiya Vanethian,

Yeah, we humans are SOOO much more civilized today, aren't we?

WWF, Bin Laden, Abortion, Abortion Doctor Serial Murderers, School Killings, movies, Somalia, video games, Afganistan (then and now for that one), Tom and Jerry, Israel vs. Palestine, UFO cults, Jim Jones, Waco, OK City, Jeffrey Dalmer, Nanny kills baby, mother leaves baby dead in toilet (dumpster, gas station), Son Of Sam, and that's barely touching the list I think.

Hmm...maybe it's not so different today than it was before.

Death penalty bad? Well, the potential for mistakes exists. But I'd rather have the guy dead than in prison for life on such a mistake, (That DOES happen). Cheaper for us. Easier for them.

But then, I guess that's because I'd rather be dead than in prison for life. I'm NOBODY'S girlfriend.

But all points in this issue have merit, I think. On some days, I'd actually agree with you on the death penalty. All in fairness.

Idaho

quote:

Originally posted by Duncan Idaho:

Death penalty bad? Well, the potential for mistakes exists. But I'd rather have the guy dead than in prison for life on such a mistake, (That DOES happen). Cheaper for us. Easier for them.

I think a civilized world cannot tolerate death penalty. In a death penalty world, there would be no difference between the rules of a mafia group and a civilized society. In the first death penalty is for enemies (enemy families) and in the second it is also for enemies (dangerous people for society). Al Capone would say: i got my boys and USA President has marines... where's the difference?

This is why we must solve the problem in a civilized way. There are other penalties, severe penalties that could be applied instead of death penalty.

And, as Kush said, death is too easy a punishment for some. Criminals must live... and pay.

quote:

Originally posted by Vanethian:

Al Capone would say: i got my boys and USA President has marines... where's the difference?

[/QB]

Heh, funny you should mention Al Capone, he died in prison, after twentysome years of incarceration, of syphylus.

You have good points, but all things said, not all share those opinions. Again, I'd rather die than spend a life behind bars, so my view is probably different than yours.

There's the cost we pay to incarcerate someone for life. That's coming out of my pocket, (and yours too, I'm sure). Criminals get yet another chance to steal from us.

And if you think about it, a true 'life sentance' with no parole IS a death penalty of sorts. Only way you're coming out of that prison is in a body bag. (prison breaks not counted).

Anyway, again, next Tuesday I might agree with you. It's hard to have a firm opinion on something so weighty.

Idaho

I for one have no problem with the Death Penalty as long as it's used correctly. Obviously the original post isn't the whole story I would guess.

I don't even listen to the arguements that it's cruel and what not... not civilized... yadda yadda.

Guy runs around killing people.. do you think he cared if it was cruel.. did he have morals.. did he care about their families.. did he think about the moral reprocusions of his actions..? I think not! Be done with em and stop wasting money on em is what I say... HANG EM!

All these so called excuses for not killing them are horse pucky, why do I care about what happens to some murdering lunatic... be gone with them and let him stand before the creator and be judged, afterall if you are against the death penalty how do ya feel about eternal damnation?

Seems to me those against the Death Penalty bring up the arguement that it's worse to live... (I agree), ok so your for torturing them?

In my opinion it's far more humane to kill them then to leave them in a 4' x 8' cell for life, both for them and for the public... I don't want to listen to there rhetoric nor do I want my family to hear the nonsense.

Well as ya can tell my opinions are perty much set... and I could jabber on for hours as to why I agree with the death penalty, and if ya continue I'll subject ya to hours of arguements and debates . Yes thats a threat

And... as stupid as it seems, those supermax prisons cost an arm to the government, not even considering normal prisons. People kill, and now people PAY for them to live in a prison fed, kept in a good health, active (most prisons have basketball courts, training areas, etc...)

Guest Grayfox

well, we can find a nice quiet island to put them on. i mean england used australia as their penal colony, and we used rhode island as ours (hence the delay in RI signing off on the constitution... or something like that )

youre gonna find people on both sides of the fence on this issue. those pro death penalty, which i think is too leniant on the shitebags, and those "bleeding heart liberals" as i think the tag for them now is, that say no no, they are touched in the head, and they need care, or what about the convicts rights... bullshite. did the convict think of the victims rights? or the victims families when he commited the crime. how about we do the same thing to you and listen to you cry that your rights are being violated.then you might understand what the victim has gone through... if even for a remote instance.

dont get me wrong tho, im all for the appeal process, and a person has every right to prove himself innocent. after all resources are exhausted... public castration.... so the bastage can no longer contaminate the gene pool. or publicly execute the SOB. or, let the SOB finish out the rest of his years in a tiger cage (if you dont know what it is, look it up) with nothing but a coffee can for his shit.

im done ranting about this topic

Tac,

Heheh, sorry, I don't know the name, case doesn't sound at all familiar either.

Grayfox (and other fellow philosophical thread hijackers),

You know,

A friend and I were discussing this Death Penalty issue the other day, and he mentioned an episode of Star Trek: Voyager, where in some other planet's legal system, once a criminal is found guilty, the VICTIM, or their family if the victim is dead, picks the punishment. Can't beat that idea, if you ask me.

Idaho

Guest Grayfox

thats really weird duncan, cause after i got done posting i was thinking the same thing... about letting victims families choose the punishment... too damn strange.

and it would have to be capital type crime. no GTA or anything mundane like that.

On the news today: (this event happened about 4 months ago, but is being reported today)

A doctors aid (nurse?) drives home at night. She hits a man walking across the street, he falls onto the hood of her car and slams his head through the windshield. She gets scared, flips out and continues driving home (a couple of miles from the place of the accident) with the man stuck in her windshield. Once she gets home, she parks the car in her garage and goes to sleep (the man is concious and is still stuck in the windshield). Over the next 3 days she comes down to her garage and appologizes to him for this "accident" (I call it murder), but does nothing else to help, while the man begs her to call the ambulance and help him. Man dies on the third day, and she dumps the body in a park. 4 months later she is caught (this week) and confesses after being questioned. When asked why she did it she says that the accident occured because she was driving home drunk and high on ecstasy but when asked why she never called the ambulance in the next 3 days she has no answer. Now because of this (I don't even want to call her an animal) a human being, someones father/son/husband is dead and all because that $%@#$ wouldn't even help him but instead APOLOGIZED for the accident while the man slowly died in the course of those 3 days.

What do you think the laywers are going to claim in her defense? Insanity? Drug usage? And if she is well defended what do you think her sentence will be? Couple of years in jail? Probation? Mental treatment? and who do you think will pay for that? HER? Yeah, right. YOU.

So my question is. WHY should she be kept alive and us having to bear the financial responsibility for the problems she has inflicted? So that she can be "treated" or "pay" for her crime and then continue with her life, and possibly cause someone else to die>? Think about that if you are agains death penalty.