Anyone remember...?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Grayfox

eh, that reminds me of something that happened out here.about a year or so ago, this woman driving down I-15 high as a kite plows into a group of kids that were cleaning the side of the road as community service killing 6 of them and injuring 3 or 4 more. her defense attorneys claimed she wasnt in her right mind, yadda yadda yadda, and then they chastised the county for having the kids on the road to begin with... like its the counties fault. like f the kids werent there she wouldnt of plowed into someone else right?

the kids parents even took the county to civil court for child endagerment and all that. i just couldnt believe it. all the kids had on those bright orange road guard vests, and the area they were working in was marked.

in another incident, this assclown was driving on US95 and ran some cars off the road killing a wife and children, and put the husband in a coma. this guy takes off and hides like a coward. cops finally catch him, and set his bail at 1 million. hes still waiting for his big court appearance. his whole defence is he didnt do it... alhtough a bucket full of witnesses ID'd him and the SUV he was driving.

if there was ever someone like the punisher...

Grab that popcorn, its about to get better.

I found it. Problem is, I dont know if its a real life story.

Her name was Amanda Sue Bradley.

Made into a movie called "Too Young to Die"

What pissed me off is that the movie claims its "A true story".

Well, SOB I cant find ANYTHING on this Amanda Sue Bradley on the net except her being the character of the damn video.

Hollywood.. g'damn it.

Anyone care to help me find factual info on this? Is all this is true of course.

I didn't read the whole page Vanethian linked us, but one particular thing struck me:

quote:

My interest and concern for the topic has of course been intensified by my correspondence with a man on death row in Arkansas. He is an example to me how much a person can change in the course of the years and executing people like him would mean cutting short a process of repenting and of becoming responsible personality.

B*LLSH!T !!! They don't change because they actually do, they change because they want to get out of it, which if they do they'll go back to normal. That the lamest of all arguments I have heard...

Whew, did someone turn up the thermostat in here?

Who's hoggin' the damned popcorn!

Oh well, yeah, I see a lot of people agree that we shouldn't have to shoulder the burden of supporting these heinous criminal's in prison.

Yet, some think it's worse to just get rid of them.

I kinda see both sides.

You won't hear me hawking 'death penalty for parking violations.' (Much as I'd like the parking problems solved).

But repeated violent crimes, or murder, and probably a few other things, I say send them to their maker, and let their maker pick their punishment.

Idaho

Someone taking anothers life DOES NOT! In my opinion (And i'm always right ) justify taking the life of another, they should be kept from doing harm to other individuals, and their privileges such as TV, games etc. should be taken away.

I perfectly happy here in good ol' Australia, no death sentence, well, 'cept for two crimes I know of, Treason and Cowardice in battle. But I think that's just inherited from the UK.

quote:

Originally posted by Jerold Keenan:

Someone taking anothers life DOES NOT! In my opinion (And i'm always right ) justify taking the life of another, they should be kept from doing harm to other individuals, and their privileges such as TV, games etc. should be taken away.

Heheh,

Aren't gonna hurt many people, or use many privileges when you're dead.

Hmm, and...well, if you have the death penalty for anything, why draw the line treason? Seems like a strange place to draw the line to me, with serial murderers, child molesters, and all sorts of other freaks running around out there.

I think I'd rather have the treasonous spy around than the others. At least he'd have some good stories to tell.

Cheers!

Idaho

Guest Grayfox

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My interest and concern for the topic has of course been intensified by my correspondence with a man on death row in Arkansas. He is an example to me how much a person can change in the course of the years and executing people like him would mean cutting short a process of repenting and of becoming responsible personality.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B*LLSH!T !!! They don't change because they actually do, they change because they want to get out of it, which if they do they'll go back to normal. That the lamest of all arguments I have heard...

i agree 110%

quote:

Originally posted by Jerold Keenan:

what? are you serious? they took the life of another in hate. they deprived another human being the chance of dying a natural death at an old ripe age. therefore the murderer surrenders any and all rights to him breathing oxygen. hes a shitbag nothing more nothing less. ok say for instance we let the manure eater go after he serves his time to "the community" he gets out and kills again. what will you say then? oh well? i dont even think we should take the chance with these walking piles of dung.

dig a deep deep hole, pile in the bodies, drop some lime in the hole and bury em... maybe plant a tree over em cause theyre fertilizer now.

IMO, death penalty should only apply to treason, rape, premeditated murder/murder in 1st degree, serial killers and republicans

I find it ridiculous to see some guy stealing a gas pump with an old gun for the first time in his life, having the gun go off and killing somoene getting the death sentence, and seeing child rapist with a life history of violent crimes receiving just 10 years.. being released and raping another child.

You know, I would agree with George Carlin on this... they should make the Judge and Jury receive the same punishment as the accused if the accused is released from jail and commits another crime.

I work in the only Supermax prison in Kansas. There are stories I could tell you about prison life, but there is one thing I am going say just to help this debate along. If a person ever gets a life threatening disease: Cancer, AIDS, ect... and can't afford the medical. Kill somebody. Go to prison and your medical is paid for. Anything you need done will be done. Then you can send mail out to people and convince them to send you money for that crunch (junk food)and a tv like your cellmate has.

I'm still sticking to bringing back the cool medieval stuff -

Just thing :

Theives, small penny crimes, etc.

Punishment = 7 days stuck in a pillory.

Then people can kick the hell out of them, spit on them, etc.

For medium crimes such as assault, running from police, etc.

Punishment = flogging,caning,whipping,etc.

They will definitely think twice.

For rapists, serial killers, murderers, and the like...

Punishment = hanging or firing squad

And let's not forget the beauty of Keel Hauling and other fun stuff!

I could no doubt make a crime free society if I was in charge, though many wouldn't like it. Oh well....

If you take the life of another for punishment, you are no different than the criminals themselves.

You people are so happy with the death sentence, ok, so lets say someone was found guilty of murder, the evidence has been brought to question but the juries were pretty sure the person did, the judge decided he wound be executed. Now let's say if fell to you to pull the switch, and fry their brains... would you do it? Could you live with yourself knowing, that there is even the remotest possibility of them being innocent? I myself even if they were absolutely found guilty wouldn't press the button, for reasons that are my own. But I ask the question, would you do it? And I ask seriously, no jokes. Would you take anothers life?

By supporting the death sentence you might as well be pressing the button yourself.

Guest Grayfox

yes i would. in a heartbeat. that breathing shitbag took the life of another... someone who didnt have a chance... just because he looked different, or looked at him the wrong way, or whatever. therefore we should expidite his way to judgement up above. cause im sure as hell not going to support his sorry ass while hes alive. thats what bleeding hearts are for. and all the bleeding hearts say the same thing... until someone murders a close member of their family. then their tune changes real quick.

and you can say "no i wont" or "itll never happen" till your blue in the face... ive seen it happen...

maybe we should switch to the middle east way of punishment. get caught stealing say bye bye to your hand. get caught commiting rape, say bye bye to mr winky. get caught comitting murder, and your off to see allah. no trial, no stay of execution, no appeal. just swift meted justice.

[ 03-08-2002, 19:02: Message edited by: Grayfox ]

quote:

If you take the life of another for punishment, you are no different than the criminals themselves.

Not even going to waste my time typing trying to tell you the difference.

As for the rest of your post... after 10 15yrs of appeals Yes I would... if the evidence was so compelling... well guess what the Govenor of the state would stop it and have yet another appeal, thats the way it works.

So guess in your eyes I'm just another......

Btw-Criminal is the wrong word to use we don't execute people for stealing hubcaps. By saying that word vice (insert Psycopathic nickname here) you are downgrading their crime in your own mind.

Well, Young man let's look at some your questions and statements.

quote:

let's see, who is this "YOU" you're talking about? it's not me taking this life. If a person commits a crime for which the death penalty applies...he is effectively commiting suicide. society may be the instrument of that death, but the ultimate responsibility lies with the criminal.....You ARE responsible for your own actions.also, the death penalty is not meant for just a punishment it is also meant as a deterrent.

quote:

You people are so happy with the death sentence

I'm not happy with the death penalty,IMHO it is not used as frequently or as publicly as it should be!!

quote:

Now let's say if fell to you to pull the switch, and fry their brains... would you do it?

YES

quote:

I myself even if they were absolutely found guilty wouldn't press the button, for reasons that are my own.

And why might that be? because you think it's not civilized? I am really curious. You present your position on this subject but not the thought processes that led you to that position.

Now,let me ask you a question, If you were witnessing someone trying to kill/hurt/rape someone that YOU love, and you were in a position to stop them. Could you sink the blade? Could you pull the trigger? Could you smash the skull? Would you? Which would make you feel worse, killing this assailant or watching a life dear to you snuffed out when you could've done something about it?

Would you be right morally in using lethal force to defend your loved one? I certainly believe so.

Laws, like capitol punishment, are enacted to protect others not only by punishing but by deterring also.

also, over 80% of the people who commit capitol crimes and are incarcerated and then released after serving their time, become recidivist. They Kill, Rape, Assault, Molest again and again if given the opportunity.

people being able to work out in their yards without fear of their neighborhood being shot up by gang-bangers is civilized.

being able to go to work at a convenient store without fearing that someone is going to blow your head off for 35 dollars and some change, is civilized.

being able to let your children play in the yard or in the park without worrying that someone is going to snatch them up,molest them, and discard their lifeless body in some ditch, is civilized.

being able to sit at a diner waiting on your wife,without fearing she's been beaten and raped is civilzed.

paying for some murderer/rapist/child-molester to sit in a cell, watch T.V., get free medical treatment,get three meals a day,and in some cases an education and/or vocational training, while there are innocent people starving,homeless and needy both here and abroad,is MADNESS and goes against common sense and the laws of god,man and nature.

like my Criminal Justice Professer used to say:

I don't believe in the Electric Chair....I believe in Electric Bleachers...kill all them fu@#ers!

There IS evil in the world and people that embrace it.They must be destroyed.

As I said before, I'm ok with self defense, and protecting other peopl (ok I didn't say that one), but in both instances I won't try to kill the person anyway. Just prevent them from killing myself or other people.

And with that, after they've killed/raped/whatever and once they've done their sentence are released, well, I'd think in that instance you just don't release them. Stick em in a room, give em nothin but three meals of bread and water for the rest of their lives and let them sit there and go quietly insane, teach em they were wrong to do it, prevents them from doin it again...

[ 03-08-2002, 21:58: Message edited by: Jerold Keenan ]

quote:

Stick em in a room, give em nothin but three meals of bread and water for the rest of their lives and let them sit there and go quietly insane, teach em they were wrong to do it, prevents them from doin it again...

I heard in Japan they use that kind of technique. Worst thing is that you are stuck in a cell which is not high enough to stand, and not big enough for you to lay down or sit. That's practically torture, and it works. At least that's what one of my teachers (which travelled alot) told me.

quote:

Originally posted by Tac:

A Tv documentary a few years ago about a teenage girl that was sexually exploited by a drug dealer/pimp.. and in one night when the girl had been drugged up, she killed the guy she had been trying for so long to get away from.

She was sentenced to death row, and if memory serves me right, was executed while still a teenager.

The question is, anyone remember what her name was? What state? Did it happen?

Ok, she was sentenced to death by a jury of adults. Now, while it is possible that the jury was made up of morons, and any sort of appeals were rejected by heartless bastards, it's probably not the case. The evidence presented in the trial probably showed that she was a cold-blooded killer.

The death penalty, while it may be considered fundamentally "bad" by some, is a good idea. Spending the rest of your life in prison is effectively being dead in relation to the rest of society. The deterrant value of it makes up for any bad points. Some people have nothing to lose (no family, friends, etc), except their lives. They realize that if they get a gun, they can go out and kill however many people they want, including law enforcement, then surrender and be guarnteed a simple life sentence. I don't care about what liberal studies have been done saying "the death penalty doesn't help". I know it helps, because if I think about being in the situation of not having ANYTHING, no family, friends, money, happiness, morality, etc, and I wanted to take out my pain on the world, the only thing that would deter me is the death penalty, since all I have is my life. If you only spend life in prison, you get to revel in the fact you brought pain to society.

Watch that film dredd. You'll see differently (i hope). This girl was abused, kept drugged (later stages she was addicted), pimped and beaten by a man that kept her almost as a slave.

One thing is a person with no reasons to kill that gets abused and pushed over to the limit (especially a teenager) and has no way out of it. And another thing is an adult killing someone while he robbed a store, or planning and executing the "hit".

The thing was, she was convicted AND executed "to make a statement" about the death penalty.

But again I say, its a fricken FILM that says "A true Story" ... and I havent found ONE bit of evidence on the net about this case. Ticks me off bad.

Remember that 11 year old kid that shot a robber dead in his house because the guy was *about* to hurt his grandma? Should he get the death penalty? In that girl's case, is it not self-defense to do what she did? (and she was under the influence of drugs at the time too... imagine just how much she wanted out to be able to do THAT to an adult thats "clean").