SoundBlaster Audigy

Guest Fox__Trot

Guest Fox__Trot

I bought a new computer a few months ago and truly love it However my SoundBlaster audigy will lock me up in all the OS's I run... I went to the creative tech support site and they have a solution up but it didt fix it if anyone knows how to fix it please tell me...

Or could you name me a good sound card that'll support my 5.1 surround system? *its a DTT3500 system by cambridge soundworks*

Thanks

BTW it just occourd to me the os's im using are Windows98 *Not Second* Windows 2000 and windows XP

[ 03-07-2002, 13:03: Message edited by: Fox__Trot ]

Ahem...well, uh, make sure drivers are up to date(since your profile says "newest", and that could be wrong.), and uh, maybe you're power supply is too small? You've got a real power eater of a machine, there.

If getting another card, get a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. I've heard good things about them(my roommate has one, and the SC recommends them, too), and that's what I would have gotten if I had thought about it before. (I have an audigy platinum)

Guest Fox__Trot

ive got a 350 Watt power supply

btw drivers are 5.12.01.0134 there the newest/latest/whatever And im running all the newest drivers but what would turning off eax do? ive got an eax/dobly digital speaker system

Turning off EAX will help alleviate the tendancy that BCM has to crash.

Not a problem with BCM or anyone's sytem. Just shows how bad the drivers are for the Audigy SCs.

Anyway, I turn EAX off when I'm playing BCM. CTD reduced significantly - though YMMV

TTFN

By any chance is your mother board chips set made by VIA. Soundblaster cards and VIA dont mix too well. Although saying that, I have both the VIA chip set and the same sound card that you have with windows XP, and so far its stable. Win ME, Win 98 both caused my PC to crash at random though, as well as those nasty cracking noises I get from time to time (it went away with winXP)

Uhmmmm... very strange. Well, it's impossible VIA chipsets cause a lockup with Audigy.

Can you try disabling ACPI in Windows XP? Put PC Standard instead. Set also PNP OS = NO in your BIOS config.

Tell me if things go better.

[ 03-12-2002, 10:14: Message edited by: Vanethian ]