Making a duel-boot Linux box

Jigoku San

I just got my hands on a extra computer. Its not much..

a 800mhz celeron

192mb pc100 ram

15gb hdd

tnt2 gfx

and i'm prolly gonna use it for a lan server, messing with while the other one burns cds... and generaly anything else i end up needing 2 pcs for.

i got win98se on it.. but i also want to set up a duel-boot linux, if only to see linux for my self.

But which Linux should i get? I know of Red Hat and Mandrake but are they any otehr ones?

and any good tips for linux woukd be greatly accepted... I'm a noob when it comes to Linux..

Slackware, it's small and doesnt come with all the bloatware applications redhat does.

When you install slackware with a fat32 partition you have an option to make a new partition for linux, you just make the prapure partitions then at the end of the install it will ask you if you want to use LILO, just set-it-up to load into your hdd's mbr and wala dual boot.

Il give a more detaild explanation if you want.

The normal procedure we have around here is to provide links to products that you are suggestion.

The suggestion becomes pointless and worthless if the person you are seeking to inform, doesn't have a frigging clue what you're going on about.