Better than paintball (my opinon)

CedricB

Well... I recently had the chance to try out the wonderful sport of Airsoft....

What is Airsoft?

Like paintball with the following differences:

1. The Guns, clips, and accesories all look real

2. You shoot 6mm BBs at one another from 250-560fps

3. It does not hurt as much and no paint mess.

4. Therefore, it requires more honesty.

Here are some pics for you to enjoy!

Me!

http://www.fear.net/~elbarto/sadf/16mar/jon.JPG

http://www.fear.net/~elbarto/sadf/16mar/jon02.JPG

The thing I fear most, Wes and his sniper rifle. Hurts like a mother when it hits.

http://www.fear.net/~elbarto/sadf/16mar/wesghil.JPG

There they are! GET EM!!!!

http://www.fear.net/~elbarto/sadf/16mar/kneal.JPG

The whole gang

http://www.fear.net/~elbarto/sadf/16mar/group02.JPG

[ 04-01-2002, 18:03: Message edited by: CedricB ]

You telling me you shooting BB's????

With no full face mask?

That aint healthy. Hell, a paintball has left me purple cheeks for a week sometimes. They rubber bb's?

Gimme a URL where they sell these guns please.

"250-560fps"

Paintball is max'd at 300fps (600 sometimes, but thats pushing it).

Oopsie... sorry about that SC... I fixed it.

The 6mm BBs (measure it) don't hurt all that much, but that sniper rifle just ain't koshier. It pushes 560fps with metal bbs... hurts like heck. The others usually push around 300-400fps but when the mass of the bb is around .2g-.25g it doesn't hurt nearly as much as a big ol .68cal paintball. A few people play with a face mask but I don't like the feel.

Ep5... sue me. If I hit, it doesn't matter how I'm holding the gun. It doesn't have that much recoil do it didn't matter.

You can check out www.redwolfairsoft.com to check out the guns for sale... they have just about everything and all the real-steel accesorites (sights, lasers, lights) will fit these. Tac-vests are also a must have!

Do a general search on yahoo for Airsoft and you'll find some very good sites.

[ 04-01-2002, 18:13: Message edited by: CedricB ]

Guest Grayfox

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

You're not supposed to hold a gun by the clip

sigh... FYI its a magazine not a clip and yes you can hold a weapon by the magazine... just dont hit the mag release on accident lol. MOUT school teaches you that... and the western and european styles of holding weps etc...

hey ced, where were you guys at? mt. charleston? i figured cause of the snow, thats the only place around you could go... or brianhead or somewhere in utah?

just curious. id definitely be interested in goofin off with that... drop me a line.

[ 04-02-2002, 21:20: Message edited by: Grayfox ]

Menchise

Clip and magazine are the same thing....one is proper and the other slang.

And for those of you wondering..... MOUT means Miltary Operations in an Urban Terrain.

There are a lot of weapons that were designed to be held by the magazine...The U.S. M3 "Grease Gun", The German MP-40, and the French MATS-49 just to name a few.

Guest Grayfox

hehe you can tell the grunts god help you if you ever called it a "clip" lol

i held mine by the base of the mag port... helped me pull the weapon in closer to my body for better control in close quarters... with the mp5 that is. with the m16 i shortened up the strap and held it by that.

Me and my buddies used to play "real" bbgun war. We would use air pistols as small arms, Red Ryder Daisy Guns as our long rifles, Artillery Shell fireworks as our mortars, M80's as our hand grenades, and we had all sorts of other munitions.

Many a bb lodged in peoples face, neck, etc.

P.S. : Don't try at home.

You guessed right GreyFox... We got another game going on this weekend. Send me an email at [email protected] and I'll give you the particulars. We're going to meet at 9am at the Santa Fe and play all day.

Don't forget the British Sten Machine-gun was also held by the magazine....

Speaking of terminology, Me and my buddies just call em "mags" for short. Many times has profanity been uttered when Hi-capacity mags have failed..... Mostly by me... When you can't trust the equipment, battle sucks really fast and hard.

"When you can't trust the equipment, battle sucks really fast and hard."

Yeah, reminds me of the dozens of times I sneaked around an enemy fort and found 4 or more people huddled together with their backs to me..

aimed and pressed the trigger..

only to hear the BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTT of my recently refilled CO2 bottle fart my glory away. And of course, having all 4 of the buggers giving me purple spots all over my body as a "thank you".

Guest Grayfox

quote:

Originally posted by Echo:

You guys sure know a lot about guns

ya... military service will do that to ya... unless youre just a gun freak

i just dont have the fundage now ced... im po po po... at least until my income tax check comes back... then im gonna blow some of it on an H&K .40 cal, and ill use that as my new sidearm at work

Who are you calling a gun freak!!!! Just because I have a AK-47 hanging on my wall, it takes seven trips to my car to load all of my weapons into it when I want to go out for a little target practice, I have enough ammo to hold of a small army for days (My wife found out that it is cheaper to buy in bulk), and my neighbors (bunch of drunks and drug users) are afraid of me does not make me a gun freak.

Guest Grayfox

ya well, guns in my neighborhood are pretty much commonplace...

only have 1 now though, and i need that for work... dont want too many... not with a kid running around anyways. at least till hes old enough to learn about them anyways.

I have two kids running around, well one of them is able to run. That is why I have a gun lock on the AK and the rest are locked up in my gun cabinet. She knows better then to mess with it, so far. When she and her brother gets old enough I plan to take them out and teach them what they need to know about weapons.

Guest Grayfox

same here. i keep mine secured in a small gun locker, and my keys are always on me. i figure he should be ready in a year or 2.