Dungeon Siege

Scrivener

It's too damn addicting for it's own good. While it's no role-playing game (Not by a longshot) it's an excellent coop stat-based action fix. Whenever Gas Powered releases the editor it should have a nice long shelf life... at least until we can get Morrowind or Neverwinter Nights. There are no levels, zones, or anything... the whole world is loaded on the fly. Stats/skills (What few they provide, 6 in all) are raised through constant use. There are no distributable level-up points at all. Like Diablo, it's all about amassing the most powerful items for your stats/skills. The engine, however, is simply stunning.

I have to agree. It's a pretty damn good hack'n'slash game. My only regret is that the world, despite being huge and despite the "areas" being large, it is essentially a straight line. You don't wander a whole continent - you wander along a preset path which you can't wander off. It sorts spoils it for me in single player - but not in multiplayer. Dungeon Siege should have a long life in MP.

Just think though when the Siege Editor is released sometime next month, you could create your own single player world where the player can go where ever he wants and do the quest in any order he wants.

Heh and MP will just get better

I must agree with you guys. I love this game I'm more of a hard core RPG fellow. looking forward to Morrowind, but I really enjoy this game. It's a hell of alot of fun even if it is a bit linear.

Well done Chris Taylor, very well done.

Cheers

My rule: never buy anything without playing a demo first, unless you're absolutely sure it's going to be good (Civ III, for example).

When (and if) a demo is released, I'll probably try it, but the chances of me liking it enough to buy it are slim to nil.

The demo is oddly compelling but is Diabloesque enough to make the controls a little difficult. Are the graphics in the actual game much better? It seems a little old school polygonal to me. This could be very fun to mp on a custom map! Will have to pass as my next purchase will probably be Jedi Knight (unless Xp arrives soon!)