Rant on virtual stupid and moronic behavior

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by Kartoffel:

Who's the idiot who even started this 'leet' stuff?!?

Acording to that second article above, it was the Turks...who run AOHELL

[ 04-16-2002, 15:07: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

l33t is like chips for me... it's good from time to time... but If I take too much my tummy(head for l33t) will hurt, and eventually I'll grow fat (stupid for l33t)

Of course I stopped talking to some people on icq since anything they said was "lol", even thought its not funny in any way.

Guest Grayfox

its good to be bilingual

being able to speak normally and also to be able to talk in "l337 5p34k" is a commodity in todays online market

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

l33t is like chips for me... it's good from time to time... but If I take too much my tummy(head for l33t) will hurt, and eventually I'll grow fat (stupid for l33t)

Of course I stopped talking to some people on icq since anything they said was "lol", even thought its not funny in any way.

leetspeak is just another fad... give it some time, and it will disapear.. (atleast... i hope)

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

leetspeak is just another fad... give it some time, and it will disapear.. (atleast... i hope)

Gives me a headache reading it. The sooner the better IMO.

There are ways to cure those folks from speaking that way.

1. Print their brand new computer manual in leet, before it's translated from Japanese to English.

2. Add programming to the PC that prints everything in leet on the screen. The instruction for removing it will be placed in some obscure section of the previously mentioned manual.

3. Require all information on the warranty card to be written in leet, which will guarantee that the technical support staff will be unable to find their registration, much less help them when the previously mentioned problem arises.

Oh by the way, when one refers to the spelling of a particular english word, one should consider which side of the pond one lives. Whether it be Color or Colour.

You say Po-Tay-Toe. I say Po-Tah_Toe.

If you find fault, go shove your motto.

Laughing Out Loud

Guest Grayfox

l337 5p34k is an acquired taste. you either love it or you hate it it took me a few months to learn all the intricacies but once i did a whole new world opened up... (in case you didnt know im being VERY sarcastic)

quote:

Originally posted by Kenada:

They said that about mullets and guess what? I still see some people proudly displaying their "crown".

[ 04-18-2002, 07:37: Message edited by: Fendi ]

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

heh, reminds me of that oddball professor; what was his name again? The one who was determined to have the English spoken by African Americas declared as its own language. Damn kooks. They're everywhere.

It is Robert L. Williams, he coined the word "Ebonics" more than 20 years ago. (Thanks to a quick search on Google.)

quote:

Originally posted by Fendi:

quote:

Originally posted by Kenada:

They said that about mullets and guess what? I still see some people proudly displaying their "crown".

oh yeah........ ... i say no more then...