Morrowind

Põdi

Not being an avid RPG fan, I can't say I've paid much attention to this title in the past, but I've been picking my way through a few previews and I must admit it looks highly intriguing. I like the idea of free-form gameplay centered round a basic premise. With such a large playable area and extended character and skill development, it seems to offer almost unlimited gameplay (à la BCM, of course) which is, I think, what stirs my interest. Anyone else looking forward to it?

Funnily enough, I'd never even heard of the Elder Scrolls series until a few weeks ago, now I'm looking forward to one of it's titles.

Needless to say, I hadn't heard of BC3K till just over a year ago...............

[ 04-22-2002, 09:30: Message edited by: Paddy Gregory ]

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im looking forward to it. I love RPG's, the free form aspect should work really well here. It was the free form gameplay that got me into pen and paper rpg's in the first place (as well as BCM). Its something most game developers tend to dismiss in general, present company (SC)exluded of course.

Should be a dandy..

Cheers

I've been waiting for Morrowind since 1997. I've finished Daggerfall many times and I think it's one of the best games ever. But it has more bugs than BC3000AD v1.0, so if tou want to play it be sure to download this patch and this nice little utility. Without it game is unplayable.

Guest rtoolooze

Yep, the folks over at rpgdot.com just put up that it went gold. And I can't wait to see the graphics as I just sold my two month old GeForce3 ti 500 to a buddy, and just picked up my shiny new GeForce4 ti 4600 today. Morrowind, here I come!

I've been waiting for Morrowind since it was just another page in the top-secret Elder Scrolls Bible in 1995, about the time Daggerfall was released. I have been playing Elder Scrolls since Arena and have even purchased (And thoroughly enjoyed) both Redguard and Battlespire. I play all four games to this day, and even have a seperate Win98SE computer set up specifically for running those older games. I am returning all the games I've bought in the last two weeks since I won't be touching anything else for the rest of the year. Like it says on the Daggerfall box "Prepare to experience your new obsession!" Huzzah!

(FYI, I have the Morrowind Collector's Edition, Morrowind Standard, Morrowind Guide, and Morrowind XBox versions all pre-ordered and payed off. Does that tell you something?)

Is it really necessary to get the Xbox version? Do you even HAVE an Xbox? Besides, the Xbox version won't be updatable with new user content that will be created with the editing tools (like GBS for Morrowind)

Guest Shingen

Kartoffel wrote:

quote:

If you dont care about graphics, try Daggerfall, the second game in the Elder Scrolls series (of which Morrowind is the 3rd)

Its available for download here.

Even thought Bethesda doesn't support the game anymore, they still won't allow it to be public domain!!!

Typical corporate BS!

I applaude the SC for releasing BC3K 2.09 to the gamers for which it was written!

Bethesda should release Daggerfall!

The link on the Underdogs site sends you to Bethesda website, where it'll be a cold day in hell before you can find a reference to Daggerfall!

The only place I know to get Daggerfall is bargin-bin sites...

luckily I have the CD

I liked the Elder Scrolls first game.. because you could "make up" your own spells and poisons and such.

Downside.. its single player. Bleagh. No one will know of my exploits and god-like powers except that poor AI bot I just tortured to death. Bummer.

quote:

Downside.. its single player. Bleagh. No one will know of my exploits and god-like powers except that poor AI bot I just tortured to death. Bummer.

You know, that's part of what attracted me to it. No MP means they've concentrated their efforts on the SP without having to pander to the fickle whims of the online gaming community. All kudos to them for having the gonads to do so.

I pre-ordered my copy from Amazon.co.uk yesterday.

(Also thinking of getting a Gf4 Ti4600, just to play this and XP1 )

yeah, but it still becomes boring after a little while. A month after you "win" the game you will know each and every way the AI will react and act..all the stuff in the game, etc.

The MP aspect attracted me to Everquest... I really didnt like EQ's idea of making the game "stuffquest".. because thats the only real driving force behind the game. However, in PvP (aka, servers where players can attack and kill other players at will), I found an amazing place to have fun, as everything changes and the equipment you have makes no difference, as you can get ambushed, casted upon, etc etc and you wont have AI getting in the way. In the non PvP server few people ever won a duel against my enchanter (considered a weak dueler by them!). Theres nothing like charming someone near a body of water, making them walk to the bottom of the lake, tell them to stay there... and watch them drown (with a root to keep them in place). MWahahaha. Now THATS entertainment.

quote:

yeah, but it still becomes boring after a little while. A month after you "win" the game you will know each and every way the AI will react and act..all the stuff in the game, etc.

Tac, did you ever play Daggerfall (Or even Arena)? Seven years after it's release I'm still playing and discovering new stuff. Morrowind may be smaller scale (In terms of geography -- there's not thousands upon thousands of square miles to travers... just hundreds) but it should be no less deep. Well, maybe a little less deep. They did remove nudity and climbing. There's bound to be a fan-made patch anyway. So I won't fret.

I owned Arena and played Dagerfall for quite some time.

After you win the game its all the same thing. What you explore is just a different "setting" in which the same things happen. Almost like Everquest non-pvp. Which is why I like PvP EQ.. man guildwars and player - created events are simply too cool and constantly changing. Heck, last I remember there was this clan of thieves and rangers which made up a ninja guild.. and those guys really did live to their name.

Guest rtoolooze

WOOOOOOO-Friggin-HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I just picked up my copy of Morrowind from Software Ect. here in Kansas City.

Got my Geforce4 4600 last week, Morrowind this week, life is good!

(Bring on XP1 now)