The Empire Bounces Back

Supreme Cmdr

Guest Remo Williams

That was a good read, thanks. I guess will have to wait another month to see how it ends up. The title makes it sound like a B movie though. I'm not looking forward to it myself.

Well, call me wierd, but I rather like Phantom of the Menace, with the single exception of Jar Jar Binks, of course.

The ships were well done especially the underwater bongo and I like the final fight scene.

But my heart bleeds (not!!!) for the franchise, as I was never one to buy into any hype so I'm glad that the franchising flopped big time.

The marketing of Menace just torqued me off, I hated that, and yes, JarJar was a bit much. My daughter loves the movie, and I must admit that I enjoyed it as well.

It didn't FEEL like the originals though, and I am hoping for that FEELING again with this one.

But, "Attack of the Clones"? Come on, that's like Bonzo goes to school or something, couldn't Lucas come up with something just a little bit catchier? Just a little?

I'll still go and see it, it's Star Wars after all, but I am not getting my hopes up. Hopefully I will be impressed, because I won't be disapointed, my expectations are a little too low for that.

Guest Grayfox

i did like the phantom menace, but i agree with jag... it didnt FEEL like one of the originals...

and the name... "attack of the clones" sweet monkey jesus, youd think those bigbrains at lucasfilms would be just a weeeeee bit more creative... my kids kindergarten class could come up with a better name methinks.

the trailers look interesting... but for some odd reason this is gonna feel like a love story (yak) which i cant stand... i wanna see people get sawed in half with a lightsaber... i wanna see how much of a bada$$ mace windu and the rest of the jedi council really are...

if wishes were horses

In '77 when the first SW came out there was no hype and it came out of nowhere to be a monster hit. The epitiome of cool this movie rocked. Well crafted clever and playing against type it was a work of genius. TESB had high expectations and was a brave effort that due to it's dark nature left some people dissatisfied but I always thought it was nearly the equal of the original.

ROTJ showed the franchise was aging and that the hype machine had began to influence the creative forces at Skywalker ranch. What resulted was a very good movie marred by too pat resolution of some interesting story lines and a Walt Disney ending that i will foever loathe. Maudlin to the point of hilarity the site of Obiwan and Vader staring down from heaven was simply too much.

Which brings us to that last effort. Once again

a quality effort but a substandard movie that does nothing to advance the franchise. I caught myself looking at my watch so often (indiglo)

a kid behind me thouht I had a lightsabre. PM

lacked a cohesive story compelling character and the final battle scene looked like an excerpt from Antz.

I know I will be flamed and go ahead Im a big boy and can take it, but when SW opened and I saw it with no advance warning and given the state of sci fi in movies back then , no expectations it was a pure magic moment. I didn't even know I had a watch on and when the movie ended for a second the theater was silent and then eruptions of applause like you folks under the age of 35 can only imagine. Half the audience stayed to see it again and had to be removed from the theater. The second week it was out there midnight showings on weekdays.

The worst thing about PM is that afew old farts like me won't know how good the movie is cause we won't be seing it anytime soon. It was such a big dissappointment that my niece who I treated to the film, asked me what the "big deal" was. I think so mant folks wanted to like this movie they deluded themselves into ignoring it's obvious faults.

Me, I going to sit in front of my 32 inch crank up the Home theater Dolby5.1 and watch SW again with a bucket of Orville Reddenbachers and reminence days gone by

Guest Grayfox

the big thing about the "phantom anus" (as weve taken to calling it) is that its THE beginning of the saga. the story had to start somewhere, so lucas decided to start where vader started... as a little boy on tatooine.

i didnt like it either... i thought it was hyped waaaaaaaaay to much, but i kind of figured it would suck, AND not many people would like it, because it was the beginning of the tale...

although i did enjoy the final fight scene. Ray Park is an accomplished martial artist, and ive seen Wing-Chun before so i could tell he was doing those moves and not some stuntman (which he used to be anyways)...

as for the original SW trilogy, im kinda mixed... i loved all 3, but with the first one, it was just dull in the beginning and didnt get exciting until their escape from the death star. in ESB, the beginning rocked, the middle was ok, and the end was cool with solo being frozen and taken away to jabba. in ROTJ, the beginning DRAGGED, but once they were on endor, i thought it was really great.

i am looking foward to epiosode 2. the only part im going to loathe is all the mushy crap... but the clones oh the clones