Rattlesnakes suck.

Guest $iLk

Guest $iLk

Okay, I'm lying in bed this morning, still snoozing and about half awake, my wife goes into the back room and as I'm about to doze off, my wife comes into the room letting out a bloodcurdling scream that really really lets you know that something is definitely wrong.

Since I'm half-awake, it startles me, and I have no idea what is going on, I have about 3 possibilities flashing through my mind - 1. One of the kids are hurt 2. I'm being attacked by Big Brother's ATF 3. I'm being attacked by mutant nazi midgets.

So anyway I'm reaching for my shotgun in like a half-second after the screaming started and these possibilities were flashing through my mind, and before she has a chance to say anything I've leapt in the air with my shotgun screaming "WHAT THE HELL IS IT?" looking for targets. The kids were okay I noticed as I scanned the room, and there weren't any helicopters circling my house or anything.

My wife said "It's a snake!"

So I go into the back room annoyed and figuring it was just a rat snake or something in the back. I didn't see anything and was walking back and looked - on top of my refrigerator was a damn Diamond Back Rattlesnake coiled up ready to strike. So I get her to run grab a broom, I'm trying to swat it, but don't want to knock it off because it would get away. I get it pinned and ask my wife (who is screaming bloody murder the whole time) to get another broom and swat it in the head a couple times so it will quit struggling. She swats it once, and then hits me! So the snake gets away.

Now I don't want that thing back there, so I went and bought enough insect foggers to cover 24,000 square feet, about 3 times more than I need, and I am hoping that maybe that will irritate and or kill it, so that it leaves.

In conclusion, my house smells like chemicals, and every living thing that was in my house is pretty much dead. I can't find the damn snake though so I think it might have left or something.

So in conclusion, read my post title.

lol!

I had a similar experience when I was like 8. But with a Rat.

Picture your typical saturday morning, 11 am, you're playing with your dog in the garage when your mother comes out screaming and shoves you and your little sister out of the house and into the neighbor's door.

In the total confusion you see your mom dialing a phone, asking my dad to come back from work because there's a "huge rat in the bathroom".

*OHMG. Women.* was what I thought and im sure what my dad was thinking when he arrived "at the scene".

He went in the house.... and then came out. Looked at my mom with a "holy cow" look, opened his car and grabbed his .45 pistol and went back in.

*POWPOW*

2 minutes later we see a poodle-sized sewer rat being taken out of the house with a shovel.

Imagine finding THAT in your toilet. Weeeee!

Guest Remo Williams

LMAO! Now thats funny!!

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one thats been woke up with the wife screaming like someones being dismembered in another room. Its happened to me a few times and is probably the reason I have all this gray hair. LOL!

Spiders are cool, I used to have one who lived by the door of my bedroom and I would catch bugs that got in the house and feed them to it. Really fun, but the poor spider got massively fat.

My wife was coming to get me to for spiders in the bathroom. 2 of them were on the shower door as she was taking a shower. After she ran and got me, by time I got there, they had disappeared. Well they showed up again, one by one these times, and lets just say they are now swimming with the fishes.

Glad you and the family are ok $ilk.

[ 05-02-2002, 12:53: Message edited by: Greg Miller ]

dude, have you ever SEEN a rat the size of a poodle? Thats an effing BIG rat. I dont think you'd get a stick to kill it.

BTW, the critter took TWO shots to kill.

quote:

Originally posted by Tac:

dude, have you ever SEEN a rat the size of a poodle? Thats an effing BIG rat. I dont think you'd get a stick to kill it.

BTW, the critter took TWO shots to kill.

/me tries to think what's a poodle...

Damn language barrier.

A poodle is a dog, curly hair, kinda small to midsize. Never saw a rat of that size though. The bigest rat I ever saw was about the size of a small guina pig.

Rats?! Rats are nothing. A RATTLESNAKE?! That can cause some serious injury, and they're fast as hell when they strike, and they hurt.

I've had rats. Big HUGE rats. A whole family of big huge rats moved into my basement when the building next door was torn down. Started with a glue trap. Boy am I stupid. The rat stepped in the trap. Then spent the next little while flipping himself over to an extension cord that was sitting on the dryer. He was able to grab the end of the cord that was hanging near the ground, pull the entire cord off the dryer and use it to pry the sticky pad off. He then left the cord and the pad as a way of saying, 'Nice try bub.'

The next day, I saw the little bastard. I was going to do some laundry, and he just looked up at me like I was a minor annoyance. If he could speak, he'd say something like, 'You again? I'm busy. What do you want?'

Then I got the big Rat Traps. Huge Rat traps. Tried cheese, nothing. Tried meat sauce. Nothing. Tried Peanut butter. Bang! Caught four in one night. At first I was real cautious, plugging my nose as I gently placed the dead body in the garbage. By now, I can juggle their dead carcasses without flinching. No problem.

But a rattlesnake. They can do some damage. I have to admit, your wife's reaction would probably be my reaction.

Guest $iLk

Yeah I didn't want it back there because just the bite from a diamond back has been known to cost people arms, legs, and life.