Melissa virus author jailed

Supreme Cmdr

I whole heartedly agree with you SC, they should just take him outback and shoot the S.O.B. 20 months (That's right, months) is not nearly long enough.

[ 05-02-2002, 12:31: Message edited by: Greg Miller ]

Nah, id put him to work in fixing all the bugs in windows while he's in jail. Only when he's done he can go free.

Life sentence baby! And with torture! yeah!

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Tac:

Nah, id put him to work in fixing all the bugs in windows while he's in jail. Only when he's done he can go free.

LOL! Now thats just cruel! I'm sure he would prefer the chair.

quote:

Originally posted by Tac:

Tac seems to have the right idea here.

A death sentence is going easy on him. MAKE HIM SUFFER!

Paddy: You dont know what viruses, properly made can do- they can open your system up to hackers, to steal your money, they can make your system part of a DDOS attack, or other horrific things.

THEY COULD EVEN INVALIDATE YOUR BCM SAVE GAMES!!!

I agree he deserves alot more than what he got I was working as network admin at the time the Melissa hit and I was in charge of the anti-virus for a large site, surfice to say that I had an extremely busy week but at least I am glad to say that no major harm was done. But I have never had anything consume so much time in my life in one week(besides BC of course) and it caused some serious hastles for our IT dept...

quote:

Originally posted by Kartoffel:

Paddy: You dont know what viruses, properly made can do- they can open your system up to hackers, to steal your money, they can make your system part of a DDOS attack, or other horrific things.

THEY COULD EVEN INVALIDATE YOUR BCM SAVE GAMES!!!

Well this geek only made a stupid VBS/macro virus, as it seems it's more and more popular. VBS/macro autoextecution in Word or Outlook Express makes it very easy to play with your computer, and spread quickly viruses.

We had that "Mafiaboy" guy over here that disrupted the amazon, ebay and cnn websites (I think) for a few hours, causing a few million dollars in damage. He only used a program made for that purpose by REAL hackers and such.

Real viruses are rare nowadays.

I'm positive Paddy was commenting on the kill/torture talk that was going on. However joking it was that (kill/torture/life sentence) is a bit harsh.

On the other hand 20 months does seem a little light.