Earth & Beyond Beta

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by LordDavid:

A certain item arrived in my mail today, 3 guesses on what it is. (
Hint: Look at the title of this thread.)

hehe, lucky bastard!!

Whatever you do, make sure you adhere to their NDAs please. So, don't post anything here which could violate it and land you into trouble adn get you kicked out.....cuz we'd all just be laughing.

[ 07-01-2002, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

Hey, hey, hey! i know! I know! it's your BCM beta cd!

Not quite, its actually my copy of the Battlecruiser Generations beta...... Just kidding... but wrong answer..... 2 more guesses

[ 07-02-2002, 03:21 AM: Message edited by: LordDavid ]

Guest $iLk

Mine arrived today... monster patching because they didn't have the final image ready in time for the CD shipments... so they say.

BCM patches are actually one of the small to normal size patches this days. Compare that to 25mb for Silent Hunter II, or 75mb for IL 2 Sturmovik, and on 56k that's a killer.

you actually patch BCM?

I got fed up with patching that thing, no faster I put the damn patch and this inconsiderate "Mr Smart" puts out a new one. "more thingies and widgets" he says, but I still dont believe him because its not in the manual. "read the VCF" .. the what? I say... flip through manual, check PDF appendix.. WTF theres no "VCF" system in the game. alt-v dont pull it up either. sheesh. !

Man, he doesnt even know what he codes! Screw it! return this thing to EB.. the clerk smiles as he takes it from me and is immediately pounced upon by screaming midgets shoving $35 into his face to take it from him. I guess they still think it comes with the glossy galmap. HAH! Suckers, im using it as the background for my fish tank. (I wonder why the gdamn fish has been catatonic ever since. hmmm.)

anyway, I get back home and I find the neighbors kid on my doorway with a copy of BCM wanting me to sign it for him. Im a hero or something for typing junk in a BBS for the past 5 years. I pity the new generations, whatever happened to good ol' hero worship?..like Patton or Ghandi.. hell, even Barney would do. But no, im stuck with a freckled half-sized moron calling me every hour to ask me how to do this and that ... stapled the damn manual to his left nut and my coffee stained printed PDF to his right one and kicked him out of my damn house. I felt better after that.

went into my room to find my pc turned on how i left it.. with BCM running... "ANYONE SEE ANYTHING? " comes out of my speakers, "SHUT THE F>> UP B>>> " I scream back in reflex as the coca-cola can I was holding in my hand slams inside my monitor. Aw crap! Now I gotta go to that kids house and get his monitor.

Im telling you, this thing aint worth patching.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Oh god...

Oh and sc, yeah, the E&B station look seems alot better (

Did anyone understand that particular piece of gibberish? I didn't get it.

Umm .. I wasn't half-awake (it was only 1:34 by the timestamp, so I dunno why i typed so bad). Sometimes it happens when I think too fast... the main reason why i make typos... I try to type as fast as I think.. but my hands aren't able to follow... especially when you're only using 2 indexes I still can do about 25 words a min... about 60 if you don't count the typos

I was trying to say that the new station looks much better than the old one.

quote:

Originally posted by Commander Elio Jason:

quote:

Originally posted by LordDavid:

Well, they told me I got accepted and should receive my beta copy sometime next month.

traitors! all of you!

nah, Insurgent spies more like it

quote:

I was trying to say that the new station looks much better than the old one.

Thats what I figured you were trying to say (and I agree btw), which is why I posted before and after shots of some of our stations as well - particularly to show the maturity and the non-cartoonish look.

Man, you guys have no idea the kind of stuff thats going on back here in terms of assets. I swear, the first time you guys see the new character and vehicle units, you'd probably pass out. Just wait....

I myself think the BCG stations are better and look more realistic....althought E&B seems to be shaping up to be a great game i will buy BCG, i like the style of BC better...

And, SC, do you think that BCO will find itself head to head against E&B? or will it just beat it in everything?

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr_ Laracuente:

And, SC, do you think that BCO will find itself head to head against E&B? or will it just beat it in everything?

No, I don't.

For one thing, they are both different games geared toward a different audience. And like all the other MMOG space titles which, IMO, are just run-of-the-mill (Jumpgate, Darkspace, Eve) space shooters, E&B will have its own audience.

Once I [bCO] get in there, all bets are off.

To tell you the truth, I'm not even worried about any of these, not even SWG. Why? because every game will have its target audience and thats the reason why EQ, AC, UO, AO, DAOC and even WWIIOL all have their subscriber base - some more so than others.

And if you don't have enough to hold a subscriber's interest, they will jump ship. Thats why games like AC, AO, WWIIOL etc, are all losing subscribers and then staff etc etc

While I am of the opinion that games, in general, will eventually move to MMOG models, I believe that the saturation rate will be no different than that of the current sp/mp games

For one thing, as it stands, BCO will be the only MMOG title to deliver an all-encompassing gameplaying experience for all types of game styles. A portion of this grand scheme will be seen in BCM mp and subsequently BCG...thats when the stir will really start.

Just wait.

[ 07-06-2002, 10:01 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

For one thing, as it stands, BCO will be the only MMOG title to deliver an all-encompassing gameplaying experience for all types of game styles.

I'm not sure but SWG is pretty much all around too... I mean, you have ground combat, vehicles, air (not sure, but some starfighter can fly in air), and space.

Right. SWG probably doesn't have naval warfare. But SWG has lightsabers