Celine Dion kills iMacs

Supreme Cmdr

BAHAHAHHAHA The Troll at it

Its kinda dumb for companies to sell CD's that dont work on PC's/Macs. It wont take long for someone to make a crack to make them work. In any case, they are only giving people even MORE incentive to "pirate" those CD's.. anyone can plug their digital sound card to their Discman, record the song into the PC and share it online (or burn it on a CD duh!). Its just a matter of an extra step.

I really like music so i buy a CD quite often but i didn't notice the "doesn't play on PC/MAC" label. I noticed it at home. I was kinda pissed to see them restricting my freedom. First thing i did was to booted my machine in linux (engineer habbit if someone says it can't be done you need to test it if it's true ) , it thought they might have added some win32 program on the 1st track or something. It keeps spinning in the CDROM. However my A-Open DVD/CDROM player has a "play" button so it works just fine. I don't need software to start the CD. Once it has started playing you can do a "refresh" of mplayer-like tool and it will see the tracks (RIP-tool) works too though.

I really don't like these restrictions i found a workaround though . With some trouble i now have made me a backupcopy. Just some time ago my lifehouse CD was damaged on track 6 ( forgot to put my disc-man on shock-protection ) and a made a backup. This is the one i put in my car now.

My backupcopy "does play on PC/MAC adn windows" so i can play my music while i'm editing/scripting or browsing the net.