America' s Army -> free game made by the US army!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

You must be 13-34 years old and complete all the information requested to receive your free CD. Other conditions may apply. Available while supplies last. Limit one per person.

can we say recruiting tactic?

good thing i cant join, ELS, 2 years before i can reenlist. not to mention im not well like by those at my local MEPS, nor the battalion i was in. hehehe

Guest Grayfox

hehe glad ive already done my 8 year obligation

that does sound like a recruitment tactic tho... wonder what theyd want 13 year olds for???

quote:

Originally posted by Grayfox:

... wonder what theyd want 13 year olds for???

Email and Residental addresses to spam the crap out of, hoping said individual will just cave from the weight and say OK I'll Join Already!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The recon version of Operations is coming out tomorrow !! Will feature the mandatory offline training, a mp "qualification" map and 5 other maps, the "real stuff". Only the m16 and m249 will be available, but the rest will be coming soon!

Will be available for download (about 200 megs they say) tomorrow on all major distribution networks. Man I can't wait!

Spotted on HomeLan (which, btw, will host the servers for AAO) :

quote:

HomeLAN - Finally, is there anything else you wish to say about America's Army: Operations?

Michael Capps - It's sad to admit, but I get 0wnz0r3d by the rest of the dev team on a daily basis when we play our game. You can bet I'm looking forward to playing on the 4th against a bunch of gamers who just got out of basic training!

[ 07-03-2002, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

sooo.... anyone want to share their experiances with Basic? I've just heard form one whiner that it's too hard and he can't hit the targets in the distance while staniding

quote:

Originally posted by JJ:

Basic Training needs to be getten rid of it's a pain in the ass to pass and will turn gamers away

NOOOO!!! it's the best thing since half-life.

to quote someone on VE :

"This should help eliminate the total-clueless-newbie syndrome which plagues online games."

And another one

"It took the army to get it right. Go us army!"

And yes, it's hard to hit target while standing.. if you don't know how to shoot. you gotta syncronise with your breathing... i got the Sharpshooter badge with 32 hits on 40 at m16a2 qualifications

I was forced to install gamespy since eye doesn't support it yet... VERY LAGGY program... and there's not enough mcKenna MOUT training games... can't qualify myself for the other maps.

I breezed through basic training and hopped online.

I gave up 30 minutes later after getting rejected by every single server on account of them being "full" (even though they were listed as not being so) and went back to satisfying my IG3 demo addiction.

A good idea, but it needs a lot more servers, for starters.

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

For those who thinks it's a waste of tax money....

I found that article following
Parias sent me.

maybe our Secretary of Defense is waging a secret war against the pretzel type that the president choked on!

"War on Pretzels."

Having fun with this set up a server on mywork station and playing on my games machine.

Seems stable only problem I've had apart from a sticky keys is when I disconnected I couldn't get back on to my own server for five mins

Eh, there's so many people that want to play AA, that all of the 120 servers (!) are full and 3500 people are waiting in the lobbies. Man, what were they thinking? I thought they would start with at least 300-400 servers available.

Besides that, I finally found a hack to pass online training (it was impossible to find a server to play on) and i can finally enjoy the game. I have trouble, like many, to see who's friendly and who's enemy. Then bring up gamma and contrast, and it's a little better, but the colors aren't true.

Quick rule of thumb for IFF: If they have a pack, they are friendly if they don't shoot 'em.

I'm glad you didn't use the hack to get past basic itself. That info that is sent is eventually used to determine if you can select particular classes. eg. sniper.