Windows Millenium

JoshB

That is a help. Thanks. I still have strange problems, like when I try to set up EMS memory, or in fact, set up any drivers at all... configurations that I know work with my hardware, because I tried them back when I had win98...

I also hear that there was a "patch" that allowed you to shut down to DOS mode in windows me, just like you would have in 98... Does anyone have any more ideas?

Thanks for that link. It looks promising. I'm worred about trying it however, because I can't seem to alter the config.sys and autoexec.bat files. Every time I add something to them, for example the EMS memory configuration lines so that I can run old dos games, when I reboot, they have been replaced with new, blank files. I can't figure it out...

Untrue, both ME and XP have always run 100% stable and beautifully for me. The only reason I run a ME/XP dual boot now is because ME always sprang memory leaks.. I'm now using it as a backup legacy platform. Memory issues aside though (had to reboot once or twice a day), it was solid as a rock.