Magic the Gathering

Guest Fox__Trot

Guest Fox__Trot

If anyone out there has a good magic the gathering type 1 deck *with cards no older then unglued* could you post them here im looking to build a new deck out of my old cards for some type 1 all lands down, draw till you have 8 fun

anyone have any decks I could copy?

what do you mean type 1?

Last time I played that was in the 4th and 5th edition. still have em around.. hopefully some of those cards are worth a few bucks now

Guest Fox__Trot

Edition rules after 6th edition came out they made "Type 2 tournament rules" new set of rules basicly banning any card before 6th edition *talk about a great way to make money by forcing you to buy NEW cards* Type 1 was anything below 5th edition type 2 anything 5th and on

Wasn't 5th edition the Ice age one or something?

Dunno, I bought only 5 decks, traded like crazy till I had several decks that usually won because I had such a weird array of cards (hehe).

I still remember one of my decks 4th edition.. I made it to be pure "infantry" cards.. mixing white and blue cards. I had like 50% infantry cards (icatian infantry, etc etc.. almost all were 1/1 or 2/1 cards.. some had tap to do 1 damage and such) and a lot of annying blue magic cards (interrupts, etc). What made it so fun was that I had 3 cards (spells) that when they were in play, they would spawn 1 (one) pegasus (2/1 flying) every turn as long as I had a pegasus in play.

So you can now guess what a deck with a lot of little 1/1 cards PLUS 3 spells spawning 3 2/1 flying units PLUS blue spells that denied the other guy his ability to cast. Well, lets just say I enjoyed torturing them

I got into magic with ice age, but I got most of my subsequent cards buy buying them individually or trading so I have quite a bit of earlier stuff.

quote:

I made it to be pure "infantry" cards

Yes, well I made a dragon deck that was made up of (predictably) of dragons, drakes, wyverns, and wyrms, and let me tell you a paladia moors (sp?) with lance, living armor, firebreathing, and spirit link REALLY kicks ass.

bah, 1/1 expendable critters block those 16/8 critters just fine

Then Mr. Royal Assassin sticks a knife in the back of their craniums. TAP AT YOUR OWN RISK

Gawd... this was 5 years and im still a geek. HELP!

Heh, Tac, just like you I made an infantry deck - it was an all white deck with Icathian infantry/phalanx and Kjeldoran infantry/phalanx's plus various other banding units - it was shocking how many "infantry" cards there were. Couple that with a few choice enchantments like Kjeldoran outpost, swords to plowshares and Serra Angels for air support and I had a sickening deck.

My most favorite game was playing against my best friend, who had an all white, all "knights" deck. His deck was disgusting - almost all his units had first strike capabilities. At first, it looked like he was going to win - but then the Kjeldoran outpost came out and began to stem the tide, then more phalanx's came out (2/5 banding!) and eventually I had this 12 card strong collection of troops able to withstand god knows how much damage standing between me and him. I eventually finished him off with some strategic swords to plowshares and infantry charges. It was beautiful

quote:

bah, 1/1 expendable critters block those 16/8 critters just fine

ThatÔÇÖs why paladia moors has trample

quote:

Then Mr. Royal Assassin sticks a knife in the back of their craniums. TAP AT YOUR OWN RISK

I like my rods of ruin (expensive, but they do the trick, tap and pay 4 to deal 1 damage to any target).

quote:

yeah but trample and flanking came out in 6th edition I believe. This was a 4th edition deck.

I think your right about flanking (it sure wasnÔÇÖt around when I got my first ice age starter deck) but trample has been around for a while, paladia moors is a pretty old card.

Nah that WB show copies some cartoon called Card creatures (never heard of it..just read about). hehe my first card I bopught were soo good. I bought 4 packs of the 6th edtion and got inferno,winter orb and the great Hammer of Bogarden..all my friend got there hammer of bogarden's from going on Ebay and buying them for 17 buck..I got mine it my first pack...hehe