Italy - USA = 2-0

Vanethian

Well it's settled. USA vs Germany and England vs Brazil. Heres my prediction - Good run USA, but you're going out against the Hun. You done good, but against Germany (Even in their current poor form) you're outclassed. England are on fire, and have nothing to fear from Brazil. Hesky is going ruin the poor Brazilian defence and put a lot of goals in that open net.

This is our time gents, and nobody gonna get in our way.

Oh well, there goes Italy. That just leaves Germany and Brazil out of the big 5 left, and I cant see Brazil surviving past friday. Could it be another England - Germany World Cup Final? I kinda hope so considering the last time be met we trounced Germany 5 - 1 in 90 minutes. Sweet.

And if Senegal take the title, Im going to shoot myself in the forehead.

European Football, BAH HUMBUG, what a waste of time and money!!

A world cup, what the heck is a world cup?

ROFLMAO!!!

[ 06-18-2002, 16:47: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

Guest Grayfox

errr italy wont be playing anyone now... they got eliminated by korea last night 2-1.

my irish got beat by spain but the US miiiight just pull off a win against Germany... hopefully

quote:

my irish got beat by spain but the US miiiight just pull off a win against Germany... hopefully

It will never happen.

Pity about the Irish, they played their hearts out and deserved to go through on balls alone. The second it went to penalties I knew it was all over.

Damn... please don't say a word. Just a couple of minutes of silence for the italian team. I can't believe it!

But we must tell the truth... that referee... damn... no, i don't wanna talk about him. I just hope the doubts on him are just... doubts.

[ 06-19-2002, 03:01: Message edited by: Vanethian ]

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

no really you can kick me now! i never even saw the match. must've been good.

Don't feel bad I've never watched a match. I wasn't even aware that the US had a soccer team until recently. LOL! Just goes to show how popular a sport it is in my neck of the woods.

Just a quick note for the Americans out there - the team currently in the World Cup is ENGLAND, not "THE BRITS".

If there were such a team as Great Britain, it would be England with Ryan Giggs on the left.

If you ever feel that you are in need of some bruises, just wander round Glasgow telling people "you must be really proud of the British team in the World Cup" for an exciting time.

Smiley

Hey, good catch there Smileyman. As far as sport is concerned - there is no United Kingdom. You want to see the United Kingdom winning somthing, start a war or try the Eurovision Song Contest. Otherwise it's all England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland - although as far as football is concerned you can forget NI and Wales. And dont you find it irritating that the Scots, Welsh (and to a lesser extent the Irish) refuse to support us in the footy? Every chance we get in England we cheer on our lesser brethren, and what do we get in response? Jeers and abuse.

I tell ya, being the best is a lonely business ...

Guest Remo Williams

I just read over at ESPN that this is the first time since 1930 that team USA has made it to the quarterfinals. Now I'm interested to see how they do against Germany this friday. Win or lose It should be a good match from what I hear.