The end is coming....

Epsilon 5

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

...because
is out...

Sheesh, how many of Sims games there is out there? Worse is, all or almost all the Sims games take most of the PC Top 10 list...

Maxis and Electronic Arts' HQs must be made out of solid gold with all the money they must be making...

have patience grasshopper.

they may be doing good now but in the future they might fall.

too much of anything is bad.

Guest Grayfox

i agree theyre milking, but you gotta admit, they hit on something HOT, and theyre taking advantage of it.

there is something about running a "virtual" life and seeing how close you can get it to yours.

I'm gonna get sim city 4.

I just wish the sims could take place in my city so when I make the nuke plant blow up I can watch my little sims mutate....

Er.not that I played the sims..uhand had any fun at all...that is.....

quote:

Originally posted by Lotharr:

I'm gonna get sim city 4.

I just wish the sims could take place in my city so when I make the nuke plant blow up I can watch my little sims mutate....

Er.not that I played the sims..uhand had any fun at all...that is.....

Actually, you *can* import some of your sims to live in your SimCity. They can be the victims of crimes and die just like other simcitizens

Guest Grayfox

just plain creepy. oh and dredd... you dont have to order your sims to go potty... if you let them sit, theyll go eventually.

almost like potty training

quote:

Originally posted by Grayfox:

just plain creepy. oh and dredd... you dont have to order your sims to go potty... if you let them sit, theyll go eventually.

almost like potty training

Well... if you do nothing - meaning leave your sims live his own life... he's going to deteriorate fast. I played a little... one of my friends had the original... I always made a clean, virgo character... the house was clean... and he was depressed

Simcity is fun... very, but gets dull after a while. I have Simcopter, but it's kinda botched... I'd like to have a Simcopter 2

Yeah, every Simcity was fun, but I found myself playing it for maybe about 3 or 4 days before I would throw it on the shelf. It would just be repetitious, and I don't think that a game is good if it only has 4 days life on your computer.

What I am really waiting for is MOO3, IG3, Freelancer, and of course anything from BC3000. I had MOO 1 and 2 and played both of them for months, played IG 1 and 2 for months too, and privateer (that's what they claim Freelancer is going to be like) I played that for close to a year, then left it alone for a year, and then came back and still played it for a couple of months. As you can see, the games that have the longest computer life are the most valuable, and Sims or Simcity are not one of them, no matter how fun they can be in the begining.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Talk about milking the cow's tits dry.

lol!!!

Damn, you have such a good way with words.

My wife has every Sims game disk to date. She just got Vacation over a month ago, and has even conned me into installing on my BCx machine. I am currently hastily acquiring parts to build a new machine to retire her Pacbell with, beings the Sims left that machine behind with "Hot Date". I will be ordering more parts this weekend. Every now and then she requests some Sims time. Looks like I need to add that to the shopping list.

EDIT: As of the last Expansion Pack, "Vacation", Windows is telling me that "The Sims" folder is currently taking up 1.45Gb of HDD space; consisting of 7,840 files, spread out amongst 307 sub folders. The reinstalling of this one game now takes almost 45 minutes from start ("The Sims"), to finish ("Vacation"). When is the madness going to end???

[ 07-11-2002, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: Greg Miller ]