Robotech: Battlecry

Kenada

Just curious... anyone else gonna buy this one other than me? I got myself the PS2 Collectors edition on reserve... (Im a huge Robotech/Macross fan..) Got all sort of Valkries and stuff in my room. Not to mention the YF-21 and YF-19 by Yamato. I need a life dont I?

quote:

Originally posted by Kenada:

Just curious... anyone else gonna buy this one other than me? I got myself the PS2 Collectors edition on reserve... (Im a huge Robotech/Macross fan..) Got all sort of Valkries and stuff in my room. Not to mention the YF-21 and YF-19 by Yamato. I need a life dont I?

I love Robotech/Macross. im thinking bout ordering it, but i dont own a PS2 yet (my cuz has one though. so ur not the only one gonna buy it, i might get it just to have it. and i also have the YF-19 in my room, and i have Skull One on order (by Bandai i think)

My GF gets to see my SDF-1 all the time...

I'm getting the game for my X-Box. Also I just recently got the Masterpiece Collection Veritech (Rick's). I love it.

quote:

Originally posted by Race Bannon IV:

Please tell me that you guys have at least touched a girl ..please?

Dont worry... i have beautiful girlfriend (ironically, she is Asian... Vietanese that is). I have a giant robot anime "fetish."

quote:

Please tell me that you guys have at least touched a girl ..please?

ur trippin. ppl can have hobbies and not shun life. and yes i have, albet im currently single

quote:

Asian girlfriend , anime fan , do I detect a theme

here? Well I love MW4 I just haven't bought posters or action figures. Does that make me a hypocrite?

theres nothin wrong with coordination. and no ur not a hypocrite, some ppl just go to different lengths for things they like

Thanks for clearing that up Enigma. Us forty somethings just can't keep up with you young peoples trends and fads . what with your disco music , breakdancing , streaking and pet rocks it all too much for us. Excuse me , blame it on middle age crazy aka early signs of Alzheimers.

quote:

Originally posted by Kenada:

check out this link... its shows about 10 minutes of gameplay...

im in love, uv got me 100% sold now, i hear its on all platforms, if so then ill get the PC version

Edit: nope, its only on next-gen consoles (PS2, Xbox, GC) so i got it for the PS2, luckly my cuz has one

[ 07-25-2002, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: Enigma ]

Guest Grayfox

OMFG... that was absoloutely fantastic. cant WAIT to get my grubby lil paws on this one.

ive always loved robotech, although now when i watch it, i realize that there was alot of drama involved... almost like a soap opera lol. you dont think about those things when youre a kid though, you just wanna see stuff get blown to bits

and race... be nice to us kids

i do own all the episodes, and the RPG, but i never bought a whole buttload of models and posters. to me thats going a bit too far with the fanaticism, but everyone does their own thing.

[ 07-24-2002, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Grayfox ]

Would anyone know whether the Japanese cartoons I watched as a kid actually qualify as anime? (Yes we did have TV back in the Olden days)

Shows like Prince Planet , Tobor the Eighth Man , Astro boy were animated and there were several live action shows that rocked too , Ultraman and Starman come to mind. If anyone knows where I can get ahold of an of these please let me know....Mygod I just realized as much of a geek as any of you.. the horror..the Horror!

Anyway if I liked that stuff would I be interested in this Robotech stuff?

[ 07-24-2002, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: Race Bannon IV ]

quote:

If anyone knows where I can get ahold of an of these please let me know....Mygod I just realized as much of a geek as any of you.. the horror..the Horror!

join the group, and as for likeing Robotech, it depends. there been a big debate lately as to what is anime, and what isnt. as for finding those, check local comic shops, and do a search online for 'anime stores'. 99% sure ull haveta be more specific. there tons of anime sites

quote:

Would anyone know whether the Japanese cartoons I watched as a kid actually qualify as anime? (Yes we did have TV back in the Olden days)

Shows like Prince Planet , Tobor the Eighth Man , Astro boy were animated and there were several live action shows that rocked too , Ultraman and Starman come to mind. If anyone knows where I can get ahold of an of these please let me know....Mygod I just realized as much of a geek as any of you.. the horror..the Horror!

Pathetically enough, i have wrote a 12 page reseach paper on the history of Japanese Anime... (sad huh?)... Astroboy is of the few that really sparked the craze in the US... PLUS it was the first cartoon ever shown in the US to have the main character died. The Japanese animators really got all if most of their inspiration from Uncle Walt (Disney). Uncle Walt didnt believe int that kind of stuff at the time. BTW, when it comes to Lynn Minmei, she IS a drama queen. Robotech does have quite a plot to it... A few recomendations:

[*]Escaflowne (EXCELLENT SERIES)

[*]Macross Plus

[*]Ninja Scroll

[*]Space Martian Cruiser: Nidesico (hillarious and great plot)

[*]3x3 Eyes

[*]Metrpolis

[*]Akira (Cult Classic!)

[*]Jin-Roh

And there are many, many more... just comes down to what flavor you like... Many mecha series are:

[*]Robotech/Macross offcourse...

[*]Patlabor

[*]Gundam

[*]Neon Genises Evanglion (Very Good one)

[*]Getter Robo

[ 07-24-2002, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: Kenada ]

quote:

Originally posted by XenoZohar:

I bow to your geekyness, Kenada.

I may be a geek (computers and anime), but i have the life of a "cool" guy.. If you want some anime humor, check out this link to the "LAWS OF ANIME"

LAWS OF ANIME

quote:

Escaflowne (EXCELLENT SERIES)

Macross Plus

Ninja Scroll

Space Martian Cruiser: Nidesico (hillarious and great plot)

3x3 Eyes

Metrpolis

Akira (Cult Classic!)

Jin-Roh

I wouldnt forget vandread. (its new but i like it) or blueseed

Seems like most anime is turning into cg now since its easier then drawing it all on a cel.

Evangelion is great, but whatever you do, DON'T let it be your first true anime... GAINAX, the studio responsible, went crazy around episode 23(I think), and it can be a little hard to swallow for a first timer.

Escaflowne would be a good place to start, as would Gundam.

Just some friendly advice.

Guest Grayfox

what exactly entails the "life of a cool guy" ???

and id skip nija scroll until the wife and kiddie are in bed... unless your wife doesnt mind the gore and sex type thing.

and if thats the case, you can go with vampire hunter d 1&2. those are excellent as well.

as for series, im sticking with robotech... thats the only one i was ever interested in although my kid is starting to get me hooked on Gundam wing and dragonball z.

I think 'Metropolis' used some of the original 'Astro Boy' creators!! The animation looks pretty much the same

I went to Japan just for my love of Anime....

My preference:

Ninja Scroll,

Princess Monenoke(my FAV),

Evanglion(I bought a tone of merchandise in Japan of this A grade series),

Wings of Honemese(don't know how too spell it!!), Ghost In A Shell,

Castle of Cagliostro,

Cyber City(and all the ODEO city ones),

Akira,

Sprogan(saw that a few weeks ago in the theatres)

I wanna here everyone elses Fav's...

quote:

Originally posted by Rosko:

I think 'Metropolis' used some of the original 'Astro Boy' creators!! The animation looks pretty much the same

I went to Japan just for my love of Anime....

My preference:

Ninja Scroll,

Princess Monenoke(my FAV),

Evanglion(I bought a tone of merchandise in Japan of this A grade series),

Wings of Honemese(don't know how too spell it!!), Ghost In A Shell,

Castle of Cagliostro,

Cyber City(and all the ODEO city ones),

Akira,

Sprogan(saw that a few weeks ago in the theatres)

I wanna here everyone elses Fav's...

Yep, one of the 3 great gods of Anime, Osamu Tezuka (who wrote AKira, Metropolis, Jin-Roh, and more)... I think he did do Astroboy.