GI Joe disarmed at airport

Guest MIKE113

I hope someone is keeping track of these weapons , I'd hate for them to wind up in the hands of some rogue puppets!!!!

[ 08-06-2002, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: MIKE113 ]

Guys, seriously, quit mocking the airport security goons, they were just doing their jobs. G.I. Joes are a valid and extremely serious threat to international security, and what these people did was fully justified in my eyes.

I mean, geez, didn't any of you see Small Soldiers?

quote:

making kids take the purses off barbie doll because they could be a bomb?

New this X-Mas: Barbie's Homeland Security playset. Barbie can now teach Skipper how to recognize and defuse weapons of mass destruction. Director of Homeland Security Ken sold separately.

quote:

Originally posted by Parias:

Guys, seriously, quit mocking the airport security goons, they were just doing their jobs. G.I. Joes are a valid and
extremely
serious threat to international security, and what these people did was fully justified in my eyes.

I mean, geez, didn't any of you see Small Soldiers?

Yes I did, and that is why what they did is totally ludicrous. I'd be more worried about that 72-year old woman in a wheelchair than the GI Joe doll....

quote:

that is why what they did is totally ludicrous

Letter of the law and all that. Imagine the poor sod (the guard) wondering if he's gonna get wrote up or worse yet, fired, for not following instructions.

P.S. Draconis, Bomb dogs train in my warehouse. It's cool.

Heard they made a woman drink 3 bottles of her own breast milk because they said she could be hiding something to throw at a flight attendant inside them.

Guest Grayfox

ok... now thats taking it a bit too far...

maybe thats why i dont fly anymore, cause this crap has gotten out of hand...

but hey, its LAX what do ya expect?

Every minute they spend wasting time with POINTLESS activities would be better spent focusing on possible terrorists, but wait that is ethnic profiling

Considering federal employees are now working at security WE are PAYING these people to waste time being MORONS!!!

quote:

Originally posted by IceCold:

Every minute they spend wasting time with POINTLESS activities would be better spent focusing on possible terrorists, but wait that is ethnic profiling

Considering federal employees are now working at security WE are PAYING these people to waste time being MORONS!!!

Everything you buy seems to be helping to support stupidity... What to do... What to do...

By definition of function, profiling is exactly what a police officer is supposed to do, as profiling isn't just about race/religious divisions. It's about identifying people based on evidence, reported witnesses, etc. If you heard that a white guy just robbed a downtown bank, wouldn't you think it stupid that cops were stopping all the Mexicans and Chinese to bring in for questioning? I mean, come on, people!

[ 08-07-2002, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: DraconisRex ]

quote:

P.S. Draconis, Bomb dogs train in my warehouse. It's cool.

I'm sure it is. Dog's noses are the keenest around, because they don't smell the mixtures of stuff like we do -- they only smell the baseline stuff. For example, eggs, salt and pepper, we smell the combination. They can identify each seperate ingredient. Cool as a Santana concert...

quote:

Originally posted by fendi:

quote:

Originally posted by DraconisRex:

Cool as a Santana concert...

So I take it its not cool then.

I was at the Meriweather Post Pavillion last Friday, when Santana came by. It was extremely cool. Best guitar player on the planet, imho.

quote:

Originally posted by fendi:

I'd reserve that honour for Steve Vai. Now thats a guitarist.

Understood... But I'm from a much older generation...

quote:

"And now we take you back to the good ol' days, when Def Leppard was real Def Leppard, Foreigner was real Foreigner, and the Soggy Bottom Boys had never been heard of yet..."

quote:

Originally posted by echo:

I know, as a mother, I feel much safer knowing GI Joe has been disarmed.

He has forced himself on Barbie for the LAST TIME!!!

That may be, but after he gets realeased she has some kind of wild (as in 37 different Barbies at the...) party planned. You know, being a toy might not be so bad sometimes....