Battlefield 1942 mp demo

Supreme Cmdr

I think simpler vehicle control is a good idea.

You can concentrate on gameplay and avoiding enemy fire instead of thinking of keycombo to make a turn.

I can survive whole game in a single tank without getting killed, by just avoiding getting hit. Its not always easy to drive full speed and shot but it keeps me alive. (as engineer that is, i get out and repair once and again)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man..took a day but finished it...I love it..

I think the airplane are a bit hard to fly...but man..what a game...I cant wait till its fully released..

I cant stand the lag though...the reason well all get lag is because the server list doesnt stop loading even when you in a game...even on Gamespy the servers will still load...

I had one game that at first had little lag...I love seeing people jump out of their planes and parachiute doen to the ground..hehe easy targets..

Guest rtoolooze

I can't seem to get enough of this game. Even tho its not realistic, its fun as hell. The title aptly fits, it FEELS like a battlefield.

Of course I do have a soft spot for WW2.

Hehe that was funny.

Anyway, I'll only be able to play it on Tuesday once my graphic card arrives. My performance on Pugwash's server was due to my inability to see anything. It was still fun though, especially when I crash into things that I can't see.

Been playing for a few days now, and the one thing that seems really funny is that it seems like next to nobody knows how to land a plane without destroying it and/or yourself in the process.

Game is so-so IMO, great concept, but still need to work on bug fixes, code optimization, increasing benefits of teamwork, or whatever. Hope the commercial release will be better.

[ 08-27-2002, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Kartoffel ]

Landing a plane in BF1942 must be as easy as in Operation flashpoint. Damn rubber controls. At least Flashpoint has choppers which are relatively easy to land (especially with a stick)

BF1942 looks much like Flaspoint set in WW2 era, but much simplified / arcadish, and added more sea features.

[ 08-28-2002, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

quote:

Originally posted by Kartoffel:

Been playing for a few days now, and the one thing that seems really funny is that it seems like next to nobody knows how to land a plane without destroying it and/or yourself in the process.

Thats because most of them are fp gamers who have no idea how to use a plane, much less land one. Even though the controls are arcadish, they still have problems.

Landing a plane is trivial. Go slow, reduce speed, cut throttle at the end of the strip and hit the E3 when the wheels touch down. I do it all the time.

quote:

Thats because most of them are fp gamers who have no idea how to use a plane, much less land one.

Well I can land all sorts of planes ... in Aces High . The toughest thing I landed yet is a b-17 bomber ... on a carrier!

Haven't been successful with the lancaster yet

But that's nothing compared to taking off with a c-47 (dc-3 skytrain) from the carrier. Anything bigger is impossible

But I can't land any plane in either bf1942 or flashpoint.

[ 08-29-2002, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

quote:

Thats because most of them are fp gamers who have no idea how to use a plane, much less land one.

Well I can land all sorts of planes ... in Aces High . The toughest thing I landed yet is a b-17 bomber ... on a carrier!

Haven't been successful with the lancaster yet

But that's nothing compared to taking off with a c-47 (dc-3 skytrain) from the carrier. Anything bigger is impossible

But I can't land any plane in either bf1942 or flashpoint.

heh i can! i use my Wingman Rumble pad...

Ahhh... the idiocy of n00bs... I go and land my Zero to rearm/repair, and as soon as I get out, a n00b gets in, tries to take off, and promptly crashes into the water.

Idiot.

One amusing bug I found when playing allies, was that one of my teammates sank my plane (into the ground) with me still in it (got out and repaired it, and worked just fine from then on, till an idiot using a aimhack and an AA gun shot me down)

That, and another time when I was manning an AA gun on the carrier, someone sank the carrier, I went down with it, and saw the underwater view. Really wierd.

[ 09-04-2002, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: Kartoffel ]

Ahh now I see about the spooky thing ...

Well AH has no gunship per-se, but hey, what's better than dropping 250 pounds of bombs on m16 AA halftrack?

I wish Aces High and Operation Flaspoint could be joined together ... AH has good plane stuff (inc. carrier operations) but Operation has everything else but planes and (DECENT) boats.

Would beat the crap of any wargame out there.

quote:

Originally posted by Unforgiven_Killer:

I wouldnt dl the patch..i havnt heard anything goods about it

Like.. what, are you saying the patch does bad things to the game or somehing? I'd love to see these reports, because I and everyone else I've talked to have only good things to say about it.. our only complaint is that it didn't do more.

[ 09-05-2002, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: Parias ]