New home/country/life!

Gryphon

Along the lines of $ilk's post, I'm just letting everyone know that this Canadian is about to move south with his fiancee and become an American. We're headed to Charlotte, NC in just under two weeks. It's been a nightmare getting here, but I'm hoping against hope that our new life will be a happy one. And I daresay, I'm already filled with a feeling of patriotism that I never experienced here in Canada.

So, anyone got any pointers on being American?

Cheers,

Erik

"Americans like beer, ice cold, best in a bottle - but fine any way you can get it." - Al Bundy

And yes Budweiser is the American beer, although I stay away from it as I don't like praying at the porcelain throne too much. Bud Light is fine for me.

Anyway, by a grill, some hot dogs, and a big TV set to watch "the game" on. Invite friends, and have a good time on Saturdays. Mon - Fri bust your butt at work, and complain every afternoon about boss/pay/etc.

That's being an American!

Congrats BTW.

P.S. Buy lots of guns and fireworks...

Heh, I actually downloaded some old NASCAR racing demo a few weeks ago. Never did see the allure of it - I had more fun overtaking the pace cars, hitting the handbrake and stopping sideways and watching all the dumbass AI drivers crash into me

Well, I sure can't wait to start my new life there. I also can't wait to go visit all those tacky tourist traps - I'd love to go see mount rushmore and the grand canyon. Heheh.

As for your beer people - can you get Molson in the states or what?

quote:

We're headed to Charlotte, NC in just under two weeks. It's been a nightmare getting here, but I'm hoping against hope that our new life will be a happy one. And I daresay, I'm already filled with a feeling of patriotism that I never experienced here in Canada.

my god man, why do you want to not be a canadian, is it just because we're the highest taxed country on the board?

Just because we have the most pathetic army,wages,

computer industry

don't you like TO with all it's cultural backgrounds and high inflation rate and low accomadation

Actually I don't blame you 1 bit it seems to be a never ending battle for what we do in this country

our army is a joke our work force is in the same shambles and our technology is still in the stone age

The Best of luck to you and your family in the future

Guest Fox__Trot

quote:

feeling of patriotism

Its the air I sware it is the air all that smog from the industry makes your thinking backfire no im serrious of course it could be the fact theres some pub around every street corrner but thats america for you