What have you caught lately?

Supreme Cmdr

Who care's about your six foot Bass? I'm talking about all the contagious virii our little ones are prone to catch at school, bring it home, and infect everyone.

I've caught almost everything this year from my little one. Lately, I had a bout of the common cold and some serious bouts of coughing. I was coughing so hard the other day, I think I dislodged something in my chest.

We take vitamins around here like it was a religion. And this includes serious doses of pure Vitamin C (Solarar brand with Echinacea) - enough to stun an elephant (oh wait, I must be thinking about crack. Never mind).

Anyway, what have you caught lately?

I dread Wednesday!!! School Starts! I have a 12 year old cousin we inherited. He likes to not wash his hands and wipe his nose on his sleeve then pick up and hug Shane! Last year Shane had a cough for 3 months(He always ends up with RSV really bad, they say it gets better after 2 years. He'll be 3 in Feb.) I got in trouble because he was thin at his 2 year appt. I dread this year with Lucy too (Luckily she is not prone to RSV.) I have to say she is one B*^%$y 8 mo old as it is.

Mabey I will spray my cousin down with Lysol the minute he walks in the door.

I avoided the hands, foot, mouth thing in July though, I think I deserve a medal for that, all my friends kids had it.

My wife got a nasty little gastroenteritis bug which has been doing the rounds of the rugrats lately. I think I managed to avoid it so far. Our 2 and a half year old was up till 4am one morning throwing up, and 'er indoors had a similar experience he following morning.

quote:

Originally posted by Grayfox:

just have one of those level4 decon showers at your front door...

ahahahaha!! Don't tempt me, because sometimes thats exactly what I feel like doing each time the babysitter or her mom picks her up from school.

Just imagine me standing outside on the driveway, complete with protective clothing - holding a hose. LOL!!!

I think it is more appropriate that I tell you what I haven't caught(yet) Beri Beri , jungle rot

scurvy , lockjaw, yellow fever and cholera. Everything else I think the Evil One has passed on to us. Here's the kicker , when she gets it it's bad and after a few days she's aces. When I get it its so bad that a week later I feel I should be the subject of made for tv survivor movie. If anyone knows where I could get a portable bubble suit , hook me up

Hehe, my nephew just started going to preschool-daycare. I swear, every time i visit him I get sick.

It's either a lung filling mucus parade; bowl filling intestine twists; or projectile bile paint.

I've really got to get out of my bubble more often. My body is just not prodicing enough antibodies to cope with my nephew.

Good thing he's more fun to play with than my computer

I dont know who gave it to me but ive caught something from somebody.. Sore throat and my nose just wont frickin' stop running... Not even for a second.. I also sneeze cough blah blah all of that normal stuff... Man I feel like crap..

Jeez lately ive been having the worst luck on this side of the planet dingdong. I wouldnt be surprised if it was that west nile virus. As a matter of fact im going to look up the symptoms right now.

quote:

Originally posted by Carl Burning:

I dont know who gave it to me but ive caught something from somebody.. Sore throat and my nose just wont frickin' stop running... Not even for a second.. I also sneeze cough blah blah all of that normal stuff... Man I feel like crap..

Jeez lately ive been having the worst luck on this side of the planet dingdong. I wouldnt be surprised if it was that west nile virus. As a matter of fact im going to look up the symptoms right now.

Well in may/june (I think) I got badly sick myself, sore throat, dizzyness, muscular weakness, fever, little appetite, frequent coughing, massive headaches, stomach ache... got "cured" after 3 weeks. Seemed to be "alot" but it was only a bad virus, which alot of people I know caught.

I've been doing good this year in general. Just a couple minor colds. One was a two day sore throat. And right now I'm on the 3rd day of a minor cold.

Considering what all my friends and coworkers have been going through this year, I'll cope with the ones I've had with a smile.