Enterprise

Lotharr

I'm watching a new show I think....gritty...like star wars meets star trek....kinda cool....on UPN. It stars that guy from that old show; he would hop to a new body and had to fix something every week...with the help of that old guy that had the computer....can't think of the name...but it has that guy....

And a really hot Vulcan....

What? Oh my god, that's alright, they keep you right and tight when you're in the military.

18 months in Turkey gave me culture shock BIG time when I got back to the states.

Enterprise is going into it's third season, and so far I have liked it. Not as pansy as TNG, not as crazy as some of the original, and not as silly as DS9.

I give it a 7 out of 10, Voyager got an 8.

Scott Bakula makes a pretty good captain, and that Vulcan, OMG!!!

[ 09-15-2002, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

Quantum Leap:

Sam Beckett-Leap guy (new captain)

Al- Hologram (Played a bad guy on one of the episodes of Enterprise)

The show's season premier is this Wednesday.

Liked voyager but I see the 7 of 9 concept has been transfered to Enterprise. Why did they caste her as a vulcan?

[ 09-15-2002, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: IceCold ]

quote:

Liked voyager but I see the 7 of 9 concept has been transfered to Enterprise. Why did they caste her as a vulcan?

From what I understand they wanted a vulcan onboard the Enterprise, just as in the original, but they also wanted the "babe" factor built into it as well. 7 of 9 was the MOST wanted character and the most popular(I wonder why that is ) so they cast the Vulcan, cold, logical, as the babe.

I thought it was an interesting twist. But they have far too many rub me with this, and I'll rub you with that in this show. Gratutitous sex is what I call it. If you're gonna put it in there, JUST DO IT!! Enough with the "have to get the bugs off" and let them get down to it.

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

1. It's going to enter it's 3rd season soon

Enterprise is going into it's second season, not third...

But what is really cool about the show is they do 26 episode seasons, as opposed to all the other shows that only do 22 or 24 episode seasons (except for the Shield, etc.. which do 13 episode seasons).

quote:

Originally posted by AllenKG2001:

I didn't know Star Trek was still going? Havn't seen any of there films for years. Last one I saw was 'First Contact' which was cool.

Still perfer Star Wars though.

sheesh where have you been? they are coming out with another Star Trek movie and some Star Trek games are on the way as well.

quote:

sheesh where have you been? they are coming out with another Star Trek movie and some Star Trek games are on the way as well.

Basingstoke, in England! God it's crap here. I want to live in London again!

Cool, I'll look out for these. What generation of Star Trek is the movie based on?

quote:

Originally posted by AllenKG2001:

quote:

Basingstoke, in England! God it's crap here. I want to live in London again!

Cool, I'll look out for these. What generation of Star Trek is the movie based on?

the movie is based on the Next Generation, which is the latest one of course.

BTW it's called Star Trek: Nemesis

• 3 weeks later...

I like show but the writers need to drop the whole thing about time travel and focus on the present. I know ST episodes have a lot of this but to me it gets old too fast. 'Geez if the federation were a warrior focused organization like the Klingons than a bunch of softies then the show would b better IMO. Remember the spartans of ancient Greece? Space is a neverending playground and the only way to survive is to conquer every territory and resource necessary for expansion. What makes Andromeda cool to me is not just the characters but how the old Commonwealth's military was structured like the modern military of today. The ships including the Andromeda Ascendant were built for war and not scientific applications. If the ships needed away missions u send lancers and not ST officers and crewmen which need to stay on the ship. Phasers? How about a force lance? doctor? How about nanobots? I have a dream and that dream is one day the federation will think like a Gammulan and will become a war focused military whose sole purpose is to conquer all that gets in their way!

[ 10-05-2002, 06:25 AM: Message edited by: Outlaw ]