Lightning bolt!

Guest Grayfox

This is the funniest thing I've ever seen. Checkout the lady in brown at the beginning making her fearsome advance and ending with the most feeble attack seen on TV.

If that wasn't enough (and this killed me every time) the bloke throwing the balls at the idiot in the middle thinking their lighting bolts.

I did it twice. I was too embarrassed so I stopped.

But there were some extremely hot elves running around....

When I was young my friends and I would do this in a forest nearby.....or course we pummeled the crap out each other without mercy....these people were very sensitive about how hard people were hitting....it is like a weekend thing so you have to sleep outside or in a hut of some kind..I went during the winter without the right gear

There is a whole other organization that use wood sticks and real amour and beat the crap out of each other while drinking beer....I mean really having it at it....it's cool to watch.

Anyway I'll give almost anything a shot...but this was too much.

haha ya. although the blonde with the big ass hammer looked cute. kinda reminds me of some MMORPG like DoAC or asherons call.

the only thing REMOTELY close to this i have done was go out to redrock canyon for the annual Qoq'baval festival. for the uninitiated, it is a weekend long event for klingons.

a few friends talked me into doing it... dressed me up as a klingon took me out there and we hung out for the weekend... it was pretty wild there was a few hundred "klingons" and there was eating meat off a spit, drinking "bloodwine" (which tasted an awful lot like thunderbird mixed with cherry koolaid) and getting into fights.

never seen so many fights before in my life. then they even had a "river of blood" one brave soul decided to walk the gauntlet while the 6 or 7 klingons he was walking by had cattle prods and were zapping him with them... no thank you.

i got drunk got into a few scuffles (mainly from taking other peoples food... you literally have to fight for it)then went home after the weekend. i still felt stupid though... so no more of that crap for me

Hey guys come on I have seen displays like this as a roleplayer, usually refered to as a LARP(live action roleplay). I have attended a few in the last few years. As a roleplayer I enjoy them and I think its unfair to laugh at it!!

[ 09-18-2002, 07:15 AM: Message edited by: Emmett.hendrick ]

quote:

Originally posted by Emmett.hendrick:

Hey guys come on I have seen displays like this as a roleplayer, usually refered to as a LARP(live action roleplay). I have attended a few in the last few years. As a roleplayer I enjoy them and I think its unfair to laugh at it!!

Seriously, how does it work? I don't see how you can adapt traditional D&D RPing to Live Action due to all the dice rolls, etc, so how do you/they do it? It seemed sorta cool, except also lame.

quote:

Originally posted by AllenKG2001:

I wonder if SC will include this in BCG. Just imagine...

"Sir, we're out numbered. What shall we do?"

"Send out the Lighting bolt man!"

Hey, someone needs to make a mod that includes a wizard. All these people with guns and fighters and missiles, and then this one caste that can cast spells.

quote:

Originally posted by Emmett.hendrick:

well lets tyr and imagine these guys roleplaying BC with a certain person being the R.A.N.D.O.M(probably the annoying fat guy throwing stuff)!

quote:

Originally posted by Dredd:

[/qb] Seriously, how does it work? I don't see how you can adapt traditional D&D RPing to Live Action due to all the dice rolls, etc, so how do you/they do it? It seemed sorta cool, except also lame.

[/QB]

Most of the basic system is retained but a certain amount of adhoc has to be done when people get into combat. Dice rolls still happen but they are done by a number of "Storytellers" who make sure nobody breaks the rules or gets to far out of character

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

Of course, it's 450 us ...

This is another example of a bit of thinking I have been doing lately about the old adage "Youth is wasted on the young".

My belief is that this should be reformulated as "Jobs with decent wages are wasted on the middle aged"

Smiley