Classic C64 trek game-can't remember the name!

Gryphon

Hey all! Before I ask my question, I'd like to say that I have happily moved to Charlotte, NC from Toronto, Canada and am loving it. Also, may I say that I find your lack of government funded health coverage frightening - but welcome, because I didn't relish the thought of waiting in line at some hospital in Toronto

I'm writing because I'm trying to remember this old EGA TREK/Visual Trek-like game that appeared on the C64. It was on a floppy disk, the label was a shiny, silver-chrome affair with black lettering. The game worked just like EGA trek but had by far the best graphics/gameplay of any of the TREK-likes on any OS. The enemy in the game was named the "Klyrons" and when your ship, the Enterprise, blew up, the USS Excalibur would warp in as your replacement. Also, I believe the game MAY have been named "Trek 64" and it MAY have been created by "Load'N GO" software. They did the "Questprobe" games featuring the Fantastic Four, Spiderman and the Hulk, I found those, but can't find reference to any of their other works. Does anyone have a lead for me? I've scoured literally every page at Lemon64, BTW.

EDIT: BTW, I bought the game at a Kmart in Canada between 1988-1995. Heh

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Erik

[ 10-31-2002, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Gryphon ]

quote:

Also, may I say that I find your lack of government funded health coverage frightening - but welcome, because I didn't relish the thought of waiting in line at some hospital in Toronto

The problem is that we do have it, in a certain way of looking at it. That's why health care is so damn expensive. If we could get the government out of it, then it would actually become affordable again.

Anyway, I know what game you are talking about, used to play it on my old C64, LOVED it. But cannot for the life of me remember the name of it either. Sorry.

quote:

The problem is that we do have it, in a certain way of looking at it. That's why health care is so damn expensive. If we could get the government out of it, then it would actually become affordable again.

Yeah, MediCare or whatever its called. Regardless, the service I pay out the nose for here in the states is of godlike quality compared to the...the almost third world quality of health care in Ontario. Just signed up with an insurance company last week actually - sleeping better as a result. Heh.

quote:

Anyway, I know what game you are talking about, used to play it on my old C64, LOVED it. But cannot for the life of me remember the name of it either. Sorry.

Dammit Jaguar, why tease me like this? Do you have the disk sitting around anywhere? I'll come to your place and search your basement myself if you want to. This is driving me nuts. I've downloaded maybe thirty star trek games in the past week and NONE of them even come close to matching C64's trek. Sigh.

I still remember activating self-destruct that first time - the game asks for the self destruct code. I instantly remembered Kirk using the code in TOS - 11a, 11a2b, 1b2b3. Damn! I just forgot the final sequence. Was it AAA? God I'm such a geek. LOL

Erik

BTW, Kirk never changed the codes because in TOS in the episode about the Black/White - White/Black races (the ones who were racist) he gave the exact same self-destruct code only he canceled it.

And I wasn't even born back then...

Damn I'm such a star trek geek

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

BTW, Kirk never changed the codes because in TOS in the episode about the Black/White - White/Black races (the ones who were racist) he gave the exact same self-destruct code only he canceled it.

And I wasn't even born back then...

Damn I'm such a star trek geek

no shame in that

but im getting ready for the release of the Trek game"Star Fleet Command 3"