Hmm...Well this is a change!

Akuma Minako

Hello boys! It's been awhile ne? I'm going down to LA for vacation in a week wondering if anyone wants to hook up. Holy I've been gone a LONG time! Wai!!!

I've been busy with my artwork and getting more into my comic book stuff. Gods I miss you boys. *hugz*

Hope I'm still remembered?

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Whoa!! Look was the cat dragged in!

Hi!! As you can see, the gang's still all here....tearing up the general discussion forums as usual. Whatever you do, stay away from those political debates. Trust me on this.

Yeah, we've even scared SC off. That proves it HAS to be bad.

I'm good. Been learning to program since Spetember. I started out feeling like this:

Now, it's more like this:

I know the captions for these are happy and joyous, but I'm learning Java. No joy at all. Bloody annoying, and it's only gonna get worse. I'll be learning C++ and such next semester though, so it's not all bad.

Just don't ask me about the study time.

Akuma's here right now, thanking you for the replies. She fell down the stairs, though. Her bum's still okay, so it's no problem for me.

*duck*

Just kidding. She hurt her arm, but no breaks. She has the energy to bite my arm for what I just said, so I'd say she's fine.

quote:

Who are you?

Hehe. I think the purple hair was a giveaway, Ep5.

quote:

Yeah, we've even scared SC off. That proves it HAS to be bad.

You think?

quote:

One thing about the limited supply of females here, we are never forgotten!

Akuma's easier to remember because of her expressive cheerfulness rather than her gender.

quote:

I know the captions for these are happy and joyous, but I'm learning Java. No joy at all. Bloody annoying, and it's only gonna get worse.

I feel your pain, mate. Last week I spent 20 hours in two days writing ASP in Javascript, and it didn't come close to the hell I went through to pass the first Java course at uni last year. It's so deceptively difficult, especially for a first language. I can't imagine what game developers must go through during a day.

quote:

Originally posted by Menchise:

I feel your pain, mate. Last week I spent 20 hours in two days writing ASP in Javascript, and it didn't come close to the hell I went through to pass the first Java course at uni last year. It's so deceptively difficult, especially for a first language. I can't imagine what game developers must go through during a day.

Game developers? What about the rest of the rank and file?

Anyway, if you want to get a solid foundation in object-oriented thinking that isn't too out-to-lunch Java is a good place to start. I'm a C++ developer and a brush with Java gave me tons of ideas about how to take better advantage of OO.

• 3 weeks later...

My god! Sorry it took me so long to reply again! Geez! I'm back from LA though and very happy to be home...Lots of work to be done!

I'm very glad that I'm still remembered. I'm sorry I left you guys. I don't really have a lot of time lately.