Post industrial corporate ascendancy

Lotharr

I am a constitutionalist and a patriot.

THe fact of the matter is that will work without a free market economy. The federal government powers are enumerated in the constitution, and that is one document that I believe in, but YOUR ideas have perverted the government into something it was neve supposed to be.

We both want the same things, except that my way works, whereas yours does not.

Regulating business and making things fair destroy the very business and good wage jobs that you want to create. Whereas my way, deregulating and detaxing business will create those good wage jobs and opportunities for the poor and regular people that you claim to care about so much.

Your way, government control over everything, which then destroys that which it depends on to keep it going. My way allows those business's to grow, to create mor good wage jobs and to create a healthy economy where NO ONE IS LEFT BEHIND.

My way works, yours does not, end of story.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Dragon Lady:

Well I think this is a lovely idea.

It may be. Might be a great idea.

quote:

Today, these valuable company payouts are taxed once at the corporate level as profits,

Then subject to an income tax. Profits are income no?

quote:

and then a second time at

Oh Boo hoo hoo hoo. That's the way it all works. Your money is taxed at least three times.

quote:

the personal rate when they are received by investors.

Again that is income to the investor then once again subject to an income tax. Best I can figure this plan effectively reduces your income tax from dividends.

That is very good for you but the way this guy paints it is just ludicrous. Greed and avarice will not correct themselves over one tax cut.

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

I am a constitutionalist and a patriot.

?

quote:

THe fact of the matter is that will work without a free market economy. The federal government powers are enumerated in the constitution, and that is one document that I believe in, but YOUR ideas have perverted the government into something it was neve supposed to be.

Not at all....your failure to deal with new threats to self and state sovernty have left you scrambling for a past that connot exist in the face of present corporate realitites that suvert evrythying you claim to believe in.

quote:

Regulating business and making things fair destroy the very business and good wage jobs that you want to create.

What do you think the founders were trying to accomplish?!!? They wanted to bring a sense of "fair" into the peopleÔÇÖs lives. The anational corporations are destroying all kinds of American jobs in the name of a profit that does not relate to us.

quote:

Whereas my way, deregulating and detaxing business will create those good wage jobs and opportunities for the poor and regular people that you claim to care about so much.

No it won't. Over the last twenty years we have seen unfettered business move over seaÔÇÖs and further stratify our country. They are destroying the American middle class while stalling the development of third world nations since 1980.

Your idea's would allow them to pay anyone five cents an hour while hoarding obscene amounts of wealth and destroying the environment.

quote:

Your way, government control over everything

My way people retake their lives. Government is the vehicle to achieve that goal...unless you are a closet anarchist....

quote:

My way allows those business's to grow, to create mor good wage jobs and to create a healthy economy where NO ONE IS LEFT BEHIND.

Yup...go over seas with jobs and provide a good wage for those already with more money than god.some patriot.

Can lead a horse to water, but cannot make him drink.

Poor, poor, Lotharr, that lack of critical thinking is gonna kill you one day.

I am going to ignore that entire post above, because it is not based on reality.

It is based on some conspiracy theory that I don't even want to know who came up with. Because he has got to certifiably insane.

Get that tin foil beanie Lotharr, because you out of ALL the people I know, REALLY, REALLY, need it.

I think what pisses me off the most about what passes for political debate around here is the insistence by the righties that not only is thier point of view the only one , but that anyone who disagrees is either stupid or a communist. That is an infantile positon and frankly offensive and beneath human dignity. So be it..you guys continue to see us that way and I will continue to pity you for your so obvious lack of compassion. Works out just fine.

Please darling, don't bother, the last thing I need is your pity. It we're going to be talking about rude, however, you may want to note that not all of us use flagrant amounts of insults in our arguments and suggesting that we do is mildly offensive.

Now, that said, Jaguar is in a perfectly understandable position. Some of the leftists on this forum are communists (namely Menchise), and most of the leftist ideas seam naïve and at times inane. It's easy to switch over from amused to disgusted, especially if everything is getting heated.

Besides, it's not just the rights that do this, you leftist types do that as well. My advice is that if you can't handle it don't get involved. It's easy and it works.

quote:

Originally posted by Race Bannon IV:

I think what pisses me off the most about what passes for political debate around here is the insistence by the righties that not only is thier point of view the only one , but that anyone who disagrees is either stupid or a communist. That is an infantile positon and frankly offensive and beneath human dignity. So be it..you guys continue to see us that way and I will continue to pity you for your so obvious lack of compassion. Works out just fine.

When the lefties advocate stupid or communist ideas, they are responded to in that way. If we started arguing about SPECIFIC governmental policies, i'm sure that it would be different.