BCO vs EnB

Kalshion

This is just out of curiousity.

Who here beleave's that BCO will be better than EnB

Personaly I beleave that BCO wil be better,

I've beta tested EnB and it doesn't impress me that much, Push button combat is NOT my thing, plus the only time you get to exit your ship is while on a station.

I'd have this as a poll but sense I don't have access to a poll I can't

[ 11-29-2002, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Well considering I've just about ditched E&B for BCM SINGLE PLAYER.......... just a few points comparing the two.

1. One-click combat. ew. (BCO +1)

2. Can NOT change ships after starting game. ew. (BCO +1)

3. Can only exit onto stations. ew. (BCO +1)

4. NO... repeat NO PVP... even though they give us more than a few reasons to really hate eachother. ew. (BCO +1)

5. Freewarp, no need for waypoints or warp targets if you so choose. (EB +1) I know the model in BC series is based apon engines and not distances, but being able to warp past fast moving objects (disabled fighters and such with no destination) to try and tractor them would be nice.

6. Economy Model, overall.... (BCO +1)

7. Galaxy size (BCO +1)

8. A warp speed that actually does go faster than the speed of light. (BCO +1)

9. Number of Players in one region. (BCO +1) When the nick name for Somerled becomes SomerLAG because just 100-200 players are there, that's a prob.

10. Bigger ships. (BCO +1) when do I get a cap ship in EB anyway? Oh... NEVER? I'm stuck with a frigate? More like a sloop actually.

Hmmm... 9-1... maybe you're right. It is unfair to compare the two... unfair for E&B

quote:

8. A warp speed that actually does go faster than the speed of light. (BCO +1)

Actually, no, BCM hardly have the speed of light, unless you're flying a light fighter. The fastest capital ship (35 secs on a starwarrior) that travels a large distance (let's say 2.5 million kilometers) travels at 72,000km /sec average, and even if this is an average, I doubt it peaks up to 294,000km/s (or more), the true speed of light.

The starmonk might be actually faster though. 3.5 seconds, that makes an average of 715,000 km/s, granted, but that's aon a large distance, and most fighters take more time than that.

quote:

9. Number of Players in one region. (BCO +1) When the nick name for Somerled becomes SomerLAG because just 100-200 players are there, that's a prob.

Actually you can't give the advantage to either. You don'T know how many people will ever play BCO, and how much lag will ensue. Considering BCM has no mp yet, you can't even have a remote idea.

The only thing we could actually compare with BCO though is jumpgate. it'S the closest mmog to BCO, although it doesn't have FP in stations, no planets. I could make a list of points like you just did ... later.

Oh, and another thing

- Limited scanner ranges in space (EnB + 1)

Just thought I'd add that.

[ 11-29-2002, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

I made to many spelling errors

Sorry about that. There are times when I type so fast i make mistakes without realizing them.

As for getting a cap ship in EnB.

Your ship that you start out with IS a cap ship from what they sead.

However.. a cap ship in BCM will be able to take out a ship in EnB rather fast

I ditched EnB Mainly cause I didn't like the one click combat.. no strategy in that.. plus it takes you forever to complete some of the quests.. the only thing that was good where the grapihcs*SP*

btw.. why was my post edited?? I didn't see anything wrong.. however I could be wrong

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

[QB]The only thing we could actually compare with BCO though is jumpgate. it'S the closest mmog to BCO, although it doesn't have FP in stations, no planets. I could make a list of points like you just did ... later.

Yes please, I'd like to see those points

quote:

Oh, and another thing

- Limited scanner ranges in space (EnB + 1)

Its easy to do that when you're playing in a box

And BCM already has limited radar range on planets. And in space, stations and some cap ships have limited radar range. Only the player has infinite scanner range in space - and that was by design choice.

quote:

Still working on it, but I forgot this

quote:

Well jumpgate has limited scanners too, and jumpgate is fully 3d.

What does being fully 3D have to do with playing in a box.?

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Still working on it, but I forgot this

quote:

Well jumpgate has limited scanners too, and jumpgate is fully 3d.

What does being fully 3D have to do with playing in a box.?
Ok, maybe i got the box thing wrong. What's the box about exactly?

This is in no way ment to be offensive to you SC..

But everytime you reply to one of my posts I feel like your going to yell at me for some reason.

Dunno why I feel that way.

Ahh oh well I know your not a bad person, however your a strict person.. wish we had people like you on the other gaming boards... *Mainly ones like Planetside,EnB,Renagade.. etc..etc..etc*

Anyway back on topic

Me to! Im watching to see this list of yours

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

This is in no way ment to be offensive to you SC..

But everytime you reply to one of my posts I feel like your going to yell at me for some reason.

Dunno why I feel that way.

Ahh oh well I know your not a bad person, however your a strict person.. wish we had people like you on the other gaming boards... *Mainly ones like Planetside,EnB,Renagade.. etc..etc..etc*

Anyway back on topic

Me to! Im watching to see this list of yours

Don't be so paranoid, we're all family here. Besides, EVERYBODY gets yelled at, sometime or another.

I mean, read this thread and see the responses. Now how can anyone even BE offended by all this tomfoolery? Problem is, some people are just too sensitive. At the end of the day, its all about self-esteem.

[ 12-03-2002, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]