Big Foot was a hoax

Commander Elio Jason

Guest Grayfox

wow... shocking...

cmon this is another one of those things that people would have seen or captured by now.

i bet he got a good laugh out of suckering so many people for so many years... people are sheep

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

next on the news ... discovered that Santa Claus is ©1930-2002 Wal-mart corporation ...

Wait til I say that to my friend the sasquatch

Why Wal-mart? I can't imagine anyone doing holiday shopping there.

• 1 year later...
Guest Hellbinder[CE]

Actually that is just anti bigfoot propaganda..

The Sasquatch legend predates anything in 1958 by hundreds of years. Example Coastal Oregon Indians have the legend of the Baquas.. Which is "the hairy man of the forest". He decorates much of their pottery. Unless you think that Gorillas were common in Oregon about 300 years ago. Thats just one example out of Dozens of "hairy Forest men" tails throughout Various indian folklore. Heck even China has the "red man" of the forest.

Just becuase one guy made a prank does not invalidate all the rest of the evidence. My story as an example.

(here goes, i do not share this story very oten you are privaleged)

I was Camping outside of Cascade montana in the Summer of 1996. I had Hiked up to the Top of about a 600' Ridge area overlooking the River I was camping next to. It was a great afternoon I packed a lunch and went up there and sat on a Rock outcropping for a while. After some relaxation I started back down. I came to this little opn meadow area with a large dead tree in the middle. I always carried a machete with me becuase I was into D&D and would fight imaginary foes and stuff when I went off on my own (you know you have to)...

Anyway... I started wacking on this Tree, chopping off branches and such. When I heard the sound of something Coming towards me through the thick trees above me a little ways off. I stopped chopping.. It stopped walking.. I started chopping.. It started walking my direction again.. I grew up on a Farm in Southern Idaho.. have Gone hunting fishing etc.. Came face to face with a Black Bear in the Woods one time etc. This was different. It "felt wierd".. Further it was the Distict and VERY loud sound of "CRUNCH".. "CRUNCH".. CRUNCH".. As it stepped VERY HEAVILY on the Underbrush etc. There was no mistaking that this was something on Two leggs. I know what Deer etc sound like this was very distict and plodding..

I got a little unnerved and started walking at an angle down the rather steep grade of trees and thick underbrush working back towards the river. I stopped after a little bit and waited.. There it was again.. "Crunch" "crunch" There was no mistake, whatever this was was Following me, but staying at a distance.. At this point i was scared.. not terified like i would be in a few more minutes.. but something was definitly wrong, not normal. I sprinted at an angle down the hillside.. Jumping over fallen trees, swinging under others. I ran for a couple minutes and then droped down behind a large tree, holding my machete with a white knuckled grip. At this point abject terror overcame me in a way that i had never felt before or since. Silence.. then I heard it. "It" was Comming at me through the trees and now it was not walking any longer. "CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUCNH CRUNCH". Branches were Braking off trees, I could almost feel the Thud as its Weight came down with each stride. I Looked for a split second and saw a large dark mass pushing through the trees above me.. I completely Freaked out.. I Ran As fast as I could straight down the hill. I lost my hunting knife most of the stuff I had with me. I have never ran so fast in my whole life, How I managed not to trip and fall breaking my neck must be the grace of God alone.

Whatever it was apparently stoped following me at the edge of the treeline. I never actually saw what "it" was.. But It was not a Four legged animal.. It was not a bear, it was not a cougar or anything like that. It was VERY HEAVY, and it was on Two legs. There is simply no mistaking the sound it made.

Needless to say, I got the hell out of that campsite and i have never returned there since that day. I was in the middle of nowhere, There was noone else around. It was a off the beaten path place to camp next to a river.

Well.. Thats my story. It really happened. Make of it what you will.

(a couple years ago I saw a Bigfoot documentary that talked about how they have been recorded ponding on trees seemingly communicating with each other and how some poeple say they actually respond to or are attracted bt rythmic beating sounds on trees.. go figure)

[ 08-07-2004, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Hellbinder ]

Guest kenny87

You mean the big foot in Big Foot & the Hendersons was just a big guy in a suit?

LIES!!

As for the Indians/Native Americas, aren't there quite a few tribes that traditionaly take hallucinogens to enter a 'higher' state of consciousness to talk to the spirits & stuff?

Thank for saving me a lot of time, Hellbinder =)

Anyhoo, that's why I don't use the term 'Bigfoot' in serious paranormal discussions. The legends of bear-men/hairy giants are as old as time and are present in virtually every ancient culture. Many indiginous peoples (South America/Africa/India/Tibet/Alaska) not only have legends, but claim that these creatures still exist and are quite active. But as I've said before - they're not as physical as you might think. What do I mean by that? According to many native american legends they are spirits of the forest; Almost never seen as much as they are heard.

Anyway - there are hundreds, if not thousands, of UFO pranks/hoaxes every year. Hubcaps, paper plates, etc - nevertheless they exist. I've seen them - more than once - with my own eyes. If I pretended to be George W Bush, would that mean he never existed?

Edit: I might also add that they are often capable of projecting fear. The kind of idescribable fear that you simply can't imagine until you've been there. This goes for many different kinds of paranormal phenomenon. It sounds like you were being chased away - based on the testimony of many people like yourself, these creatures are VERY territorial.

[ 08-07-2004, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: Scrivener ]

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

It was not a bear . I have come accross bears in the woods. In fact, one time right in front of my house. If they are not starving, or have Cubs with them they run off in a Hurry. Bears though heavy "gallop" pretty lightly. they do not chase you on two legs. they tend to grunt snort and make some groaning sounds at least. They do not break branches off trees like say somthing the size of a Moose would with its rack.

I love living in the great Northwest, this guy may have been the biggest hoaxer, but he was NOT the only one, and stories of large ape like men go back into Indian legend.

He was not the beginning of the legend, he just took advantage of it.

Bigfoot may or may not exist, I don't know, but it is fun to think about.

I went camping with my wife one weekend in Northern Oregon, out on the little chunk that hangs out to the Northwest, I could NOT sleep the entire night, because I felt that we were being watched, and not just watched as in animal, but studied. It was the weirdest sensation I have ever experienced.

Then whatever it was, around 6 in the morning or so, stomped off into the woods.

What was it, have no idea, but I slept with my rifle loaded and beside me that night, if you want to call it sleep.