Saddam Captured

LostInSpace

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news indeed!

If I was a member of the raiding party that found him, I would have asked him..

"Can we drop you off in downtown Baghdad, Mr. Hussein?"

I'm sure he wouldn't last more than a minute as soon as someone recognized his sorry backside.

After his trial and ultimate conviction, they should lash him to a pole and let his people parade past and offer him their sentiments.

I would love to be a shoe salesman about then.

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

The casualty rate is VERY low...

True, what people seem to forget also is that more people die in one day in this country from car accidents all the way down to criminal activity than the brave souls that have died since this began. Not that I'm making light of these soldiers deaths but when you put it into that perspective it makes it easier for us that sit comfortably safe back home here to come to terms with this issue.

Kudos to our brave fighting men and women for subduing that bastard. And as far as his ability to drive a wedge between us and our allies we do that well enough on our own thank you very much.

This is a happy day and shouldnt be clouded by politicization. I promise , i'll go back to ridicling conservos tommorow. But tonight, break out the bloodwine we celebrate!

quote:

I promise , i'll go back to ridicling conservos tommorow. But tonight, break out the bloodwine we celebrate!

You know, being former military (out 2 weeks) it's REALLY nice to see liberals who know when it's time to just shut up and cheer the heros

I take my hat of to ya Race Bannon

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

saddam seems to be more successful than some think or know. he has succeeded in driving a wedge between NATO countries. and the united nations...

where is the french people that remember that it was the allies, Britain and America that liberated them...how easy people forget their friends.

Well... Saying stuff like that helps too.

USA and GB wasn't the sole reason for the liberation of Europe. How about a small country called USSR.

Don't get me wrong... Europe has a lot to thank USA for, but that does not mean we have to support every decition you make.

Looks like it just got more interesting.

Oh by the way, I was looking at the CNN picture headline yesterday evening and wondered why they were all waving red flags. Turns out that they are the Iraqi communist party... Interesting how they could not find another mass celebration to photograph.

quote:

Originally posted by IceCold:

Looks like it just got more interesting.

Oh by the way, I was looking at the CNN picture headline yesterday evening and wondered why they were all waving red flags. Turns out that they are the Iraqi communist party... Interesting how they could not find another mass celebration to photograph.

I was wondering about those red flags myself but was too lazy to find any info about it. Thanks for the info on that.

I don't know about you guys but I found yesterday very surreal seeing the video images of saddam and just the fact we got him. Anyway the info now coming off of CNN is that Saddam is answering question like a "Smart Ass". This according to sources in contact with Wolf Blitzer. Saddam has confirmed there are resistance cells but refuses to give locations.

Hurray!

Now if only we can find in his back pocket the 1,000,000 liters of nerve agent, VX and serine gas along with the 38,000 liters of Botulinum and 30,000 liters of Bacillus Anthracis we said he had. It would also be nice to locate some uranium from Niger too. Then we might actually be able to justify a preemptive war. ( although, there was that remote controlled airplane held together with rubber bands... that looked scarry!)

Oh, by the way, has anyone see Osama?

quote:

Originally posted by dirt12:

Hurray!

Now if only we can find in his back pocket the 1,000,000 liters of nerve agent, VX and serine gas along with the 38,000 liters of Botulinum and 30,000 liters of Bacillus Anthracis we said he had. It would also be nice to locate some uranium from Niger too. Then we might actually be able to justify a preemptive war. ( although, there was that remote controlled airplane held together with rubber bands... that looked scarry!)

Oh, by the way, has anyone see Osama?

We said he had? What?

He said he had them, NOT vice versa.

In the cease fire with Iraq after the gulf war, he was required to tell us EVERY WMD that he had, and then PROVE that he had destroyed them.

He gave us that list of WMD's, but NEVER gave us ANY proof of destroying them, which was MORE then enough to go in and invade all by it's lonesome.

So, please, if you are going to spout proaganda, at least check your facts.... Thanks

According to a story in the NY Times, Saddam was found by a sliver of thread that was sticking up out of the dirt surrounding his little spider hole cover. When the soldiers pulled the thread, a mat appeared then the styrofoam plug.

When they pulled the plug out, they were looking down the hole preparing to toss in a grenade when two hands appeared. It was Saddam giving up Good thing it wasn't me there.

FIRE IN THE HOLE!

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

According to a story in the NY Times, Saddam was found by a sliver of thread that was sticking up out of the dirt surrounding his little spider hole cover. When the soldiers pulled the thread, a mat appeared then the styrofoam plug.

When they pulled the plug out, they were looking down the hole preparing to toss in a grenade when two hands appeared. It was Saddam giving up Good thing it wasn't me there.

FIRE IN THE HOLE!

Got that right, hmm, well, hello there, back in the hole you go, and here, have a little green baseball for a second. BOOM!!!

Problem solved, then again, having him in custody might be a good thing in the long run, no question as to who he is, a grenade would have made an awful mess.

Heh, this was particularly interesting

Anyway, I'm glad they caught him alive. Killing him would have been the easy way out. When he goes to trial, public humiliation - and subsequently the death sentence (if tried in Iraq) - would be more of a fitting punishment than just feeding him a grenade.

Next up, Osama

LOL, that was a good read.

I for one thought we had gotten Saddam when we tossed that first bomb into the restaurant/hotel. When the Iraqi Army was just going home as we were invading, it just validated that for me.

At the same time, I am almost convinced that we got Osama when we bombed the hell out of Tora Bora, no new videos since then, voice recordings have popped out since then, but I think that they are fake because he liked Video, FAR more then he liked cassette. I think that Osama is resting in pieces at the bottom of a shaft in Tora Bora, then Again, I thought Saddam was dead as well, so we shall see.

From living in 472 palaces with every imaginable luxury and a portrait of yourself every turn you make to having someone dig through your hair for lice. This has to go down as the mother of all humbling experiences in the history of mankind.

And that doesn't even begin to explain the cavity search he must have had to endure. I bet he cried for his mother.

I still can't believe he didn't take a self inflicted bullet when he had the chance. What a coward. He's going to regret that moment of weakness.

My hats off to all those brave enough to approach him with only a lab coat and rubber gloves. If that was me, I would have demanded a bio suit before going anywhere near him. Can you imagine what that would have looked like on video! .

And to all you WMD critics seems we found one: SADDAM. One down and how many more holes in that place with WMD hiding out.

I know I'm the new guy and I know my opinion is not popular, however, has anyone ever considered the fact that the United States gave Hussein the weapons of mass destruction? That is a proven fact. You see, it's kind of like Frankenstein's monster. We (the U.S.) created a monster(Saddam Hussein) by.....providing him with weapons of mass destruction so that he could defeat our enemy, Iran during the Reagan administration. we hated Iran then. remember? Then, he used the chemical weapons on the Iranians and the u.s. said...ok... then he used the weapons on his own people...the kurds... and the world said ...whoa... but the U.S. said, hey, it's ok....relax...then, he invaded kuwait.....and saudi arabia got on the phone and said .....ahem...so we attacked him and now he is the villian when all along he was the monster we created....just my view on it