Your favorite beer.

Kevin Trotter

A buddy of my came over to console me on my recent loss of employment and play some of my new vid games. Fortunately for him he wasnt empty handed.

He had two of the strangest six packs I have ever seen. None of the bottles matched and he actually bragged that the two sixers cost him quite a pretty penny. One had a Red Stripe from Jamaica,one Samuel Smith Oatmeal stout, one Pilsoner Urquell, one Anchor Steam, some Canadian beer with a picture of the devil(11% alcohol..whoo boy) and a Belgian Trappist ale of some type(really tasty)the Canadian one had sedimentation in the bottom that looked nasty but was Heaven in a mug. The other was more conventional. A Tartan black and tan, Guiness draft(in the bottle unfortunately)Harp lager,St Pauli dark, Yuengling black and tan and a Penn Wiezen (wheat beer which I usually detest).

He bought it at a shop in town that allows mixing and matching. It was quite an afternnon and evening much to my wifes consternation. However it got me to thinking what is my favorite beer? If I had to pick one I'd have to go with Sam Adams Boston lager followed closely (now) by that canadian stuff with Guiness a close third. My everyday beer however is Yuengling Black and Tan. It is complex dark creamy and at 16.00$ a case has great bang for the buck. What about you guys(and girls of course) You can also vote for worst beer ever as well. My vote goes to Old German, which also has sedimentation but I dont think it is supposed to. Love to hear your responses.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont use to drink beer, but when I do I prefer Heineken as a standard choice.The one wich I like best but cant find it anywhere (except for specialiced sites) is Judas,a mix of beer and vodka (I think it was vodka).

But what I do drink a lot is Moskovkaya (vodka) with Burn/Red bull, or Vodka with orange.(Yes I do look like a little drunk but only in aparience)

I'm young but I like Guiness... is that wrong?

As far as favorite hard drink... I drink Vodka... the cheapest (Either Smirnoff or Aristocrat).

I have class when it comes to a good beer... but I'm like a drunken Russian when it comes to hard liquor... except for Gin & Tonic

My absolute favorite is called Orion Beer, which I started drinking on Okinawa back in the 80s. Since I've left the Marines, the only place I can find it is at a Japanese supermarket in Edgewater, New Jersey. Unfortunately, it's about a 6 hour roundtrip from where I live to get it. I can only go about once a year, if that, to get some cases. I wish I could find a closer source.

When I'm out of Orion, which is a lot of times, I drink Miller High Life.

Guest Grayfox

you want the full list, or the abridged version?

ahhh beer... i love guiness, sam adams, harps, new caste ale. after drinking guiness though, i find that the only american beer i can stand is sam adams...

as for hard stuff, im a barkeep on the side, so i usually mix my own. i dont have a favorite single liquor, but i mix a few of my "preferred" ones to make some good stuff.

Well I'm an estimator of wheat beers beeing them Belgian blanche or German weisse and in particular HOOEGARDEN - HOOEGARDEN GRAND CRU - ERDINGER - PRINZREGENT LUITPOLD and some else....... on the other hand I love Irish and Scottish stout and strong beers such as GUINNES of course - CAFFREY'S STOUT - KILKENNY STRONG - SLALOM LAGER - CREST STRONG....

I find that most people, after they have started drinking, Don't care what brand it is.

As long as it has a head on it, they'll drink it.

But I digress, My personal favorite is Corona Cerveza, It's not bitter and goes down pretty smooth without a major drunken jackass kick to it.

Cheers Oh no I drank too much

I use to drink the Fosters oil cans but I don't see them anymore.

Some of my favs. are Sam Adams, Pilsner Urquell and Newcastle Nut Brown Ale.

I swear the makers of are in cahoots with the breweries because you can't eat/drink one without the other. That goes for pizza too.

quote:

Orion cost too much, even on Okinawa.

Not when you get it for free, Marvin! It pays to marry a local whose relatives own more than one bar! And when I did pay...I didn't think it was that expensive at $2.50 a bottle.

quote:

Originally posted by Commander Elio Jason:

you know Benjamin Franklin once said:

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"

HOLY WORDS!!!

hmm,

I will usually get tsingtao if the place has it , but Fransenkeiner Weiss on tap is good. So is Newcastle (has a nice carmel flavor)and recently Sam Adams Honeybrown seems to have gotten a lot better/sweeter than when I first tried it.

Race, If your looking for a nice selection there is a bar called the Back Door Tavern near Beaver, PA that has over 200 different beers (and Fransenkiener Weiss on tap).

I like my own beer. I'm a homebrewer (geek). I make a wonderful California Common (Steam Beer). When entering in competitions you're not allowed to call it steam beer because Anchor Steam has a patent on that name. But my ultimate favorite is my India Pale Ale (IPA). I make mine EXTRA hoppy and I add bits of oak wood in the primary fermenting to simulate the old-style IPA which was shipped from England to India in the old days in oak kegs. Aside from my own beer, what self-respecting Irishman wouldn't hail the ultimate brew.... "mother's milk" .....GUINNESS

• 2 weeks later...

As far as beer goes I like Guinness, Sam Adams,Corona, Coors Light, and Pabst Blue Ribbon. Heineken, and Becks are good too. I would suggest avoiding buttwiper(budweiser) and Hoffbaur(or Hoffbower I forget).

My hard liquer would have to be Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, and Coco-ribe/Malibu/Whaler's coconut rum. My dad likes Pusser's rum but I think it tastes too much like licorice.

Give me a straight shot of Jim Beam and I am a happy camper, otherwise, make it a Heifeviesen(spelling) with Lemon.

Wiedmer out of Portland Oregon makes the Heifeviesen there is, Good stuff!! LOL

LOL

For other beers, I have to agree with Mano, Grolsch is my favourite too (unfortunately, for the rest of the world, Heiniken has the better marketing-division ) and you can always please my taste-buds with a Belgian beer (home brew as often as not). I grew up in a beer lovin and making enviroment.