• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Robstein:

All beer tastes like poopy to me.

I'm very sorry for you.....

I't was the same to me when I was tasting only low quality commercial beers... .but it all changed when I go to Prague with some friends ant tasted what a real beer would be..... now I'm a true fan of beers and I like to taste anything I found...

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a tip. Don't reach blindly into the fridge. I reached into the fridge and grabbed a can thinking it was Mountain Dew. I popped the top and took a big old swig and about choked to death. I had opened a Natural Light instead.

My favourite is "Theakstone's Old Peculiar". It comes from the Masham brewery in Yorkshire, UK. I don't know if it's exported anywhere. I'd be very interested to know if anyone's found it outside of the UK. It's not a thirst-quenching drink for a hot day, more something to have a bottle of with your dinner. I _love_ it.

My local brewery is Batemans in Wainfleet. Their "Summer Harvest" is nice, made with a mix of grains. My favourite from them is "XXXB". I prefer the heavier ales.

Anyone else know these tipples?

My wife is from the Czech Republic so I'm quite familiar with their offerings too (I like Velky Popovicky Kozel (sp?)) but I'm more of a real ale fan.

Hey, Robstein, if you noticed my earlier post, I used to be on that same boat. I am very picky about my beer. And though I've been trying a few more these days, I still think that the Sapporo is the best I've tried so far. You may change your mind if you ever try Sapporo. I'd give it a try .

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Chavik:

Here's a tip. Don't reach blindly into the fridge. I reached into the fridge and grabbed a can thinking it was Mountain Dew. I popped the top and took a big old swig and about choked to death. I had opened a Natural Light instead.

Ouch! I bet you don't do that again.