Ship motto's

Guest Commander Hamblin

Guest Commander Hamblin

I have an idea. Why don't some of you show me some of your ship motto's. I'm really curios to find out what some of these are without having to hunt around the website.

Mine is:

For I dipt into the future, far as human eyes could see. Saw the vision of the world and all the wonder that would be...

Commander Hamblin

Constellation class starship: GCV Galatea

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Commander Hamblin,

I think that this has been discussed before. However, I could be mistaken (might have been the OLD forum). This is a good topic though. Might be nice to have everyone's ship and motto available here. My ship currently has one, it just hasn't been implemented yet (you'll find out why later on in the First Command thread on the Role-Playing forum).

Once that is implemented, I will revise this post.

Cheers, Commander.

------------------

Commander David Foss, GCV Deterrence

[This message has been edited by David Foss (edited 07-27-99).]

Has this been discussed before? I dont recall, but thats not surprising how abscent my mind is these days. Anyhow, what kind of future would there be without the might of the British at it's heart and soul? A poor one I would wager.

Anyhow, my ships moto is simple patriotism.

'For Queen and country'

Must remember to keep my colonial instincts in check . . .

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#31927230

I've actually had a few quote's for my ship...but I finally found one that fits the name of my ship well.

GCV Swiftsure

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way." -John Paul Jones

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

Prime Flt.

TDY Wraith Flt., SIN Wing

ICQ 32545391

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way."

- John Paul Jones

Only one motto for me:

"Hard, Fast, Furious... First!"

***To answer to De Sylva's post that's below (no need to clutter this thread with needless double posts)***

"when he went by his real name.."

Hehe, what's easier to pronounce for you guys then? "Tac" or "Daniel Guillermo Londo├▒o"? *grin*

------------------

Fleet Commander

Daniel "Tac" Londono

GCV Usagi

=Wraith Fleet=

"Hard,Fast, Furious...FIRST!"

[This message has been edited by Tac (edited 07-28-99).]

I sure on the old forum the thread was titled "Register your ship". I think Tac started that old thread. Not real sure about that. But it was the old forum.

Though I tend to play with the final quote a good bit to fit whatever I'm posting about my ship's motto is

"We Shall Arise From the Ashes"

I rather like it. Triple entendre if you will. smile.gif

------------------

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

"We Shall Arise From The Ashes"

"Serve - with Honour".

Kind of my own philosophy, if you will. I tend to believe everyone is capable of behaving with honour; not necessarily what I'd call honour but doing what they see as right for the circumstances and the people around them, even though it might hurt them - to me, that's honour.

The original thread was "Register your Vessels" and was started by Tac (back when he went by his real name...*grin*) just after the website crashed for some time and was reopened to try and get a list of players and fans. Indirectly, that thread is responsible for me being here - I registered, took Tac's suggestion that it would be nice to have an online roster, and the Homepages of the GCV First Light were born (if anyone remembers their original format).

Anyway, enough raving.

------------------

Commander DeSylva

GCV First Light ISS01 -=- ISS Fleet Coordinator

www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/9206/iss/

Official BC3K Tester and Blind Man With Sleeves award winner

"Serve - with honour."

smile.gif

Hehe, was thinking about changing mine to

"I Wish The Real World Would Just Stop Hasselin' Me!"

biggrin.gif

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Just Doin' What I can with What I got!

Ooo boy.. tough one..

I suppose my classic "I took this job because I love to blow sh*t up!" wouldn't really work..

Hmmmm...

How about "I shall smite thee, and thus, thou shalt be smitten!"

Ahh, good enough for now smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr Parias

ICV-Galatae

"I took this job because I love to blow sh*t up!"

Ship's motto of the GCV-Dark Star is:

"Time is of the essence."

------------------

Commander Gudihl GCV-Dark Star (Marauders Wing, Wraith Fleet)

"Remember, we are trained professionals... Don't try this at home!"

Guest Remo Williams

Hi all heres mine. "It is the natural order of things. Nothing can alter it. The Strong take, the weak surrender."

------------------

Remo Williams

GCV-Lexington

Mine will be an old Marine motto.

Slightly modified for the year 3020

Travel to strange and far away planets.

Meet friendly and exotic people.

And then kill them.

-------------------------------

[email protected]

ICQ 27987420

BC:3020AD Strike Pak Team

-------------------------------

My motto reads: "Honor and courage, above all else"

I realized after I started using it, that it was almost the same as the 7th and 8th OMB's motto. Oh well smile.gif

BTW, anyone heard from Cody Bader lately? I haven't for a while. You still there, buddy?

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon ISS03

Tactical Support Coordinator, ISS Fleet

Bushi of the Dragon Council - Order of Jade Dragon

Director of Strategic Operations - Order of Jade Dragon

"Honor and courage, above all else"

Official BC3K Webring Administrator

[email protected]

welcome.to/bc3k

Mine's a quote from the 15th century czech reformer Jan Hus.

"Nakonec Pravda vitezi"(in the end the truth wins)

------------------

Commander Ben Zwycky GCV Svoboda

ISS Fleet

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

Guest Viperbite

Hmm these are real good takes me back to my days as an Ensign. HEHE

How's this.

GVC-Galactica

"Death Before Dishonor"

or Shootem Twice to make sure.

Kind of puts a lump right there you know.

I'm still formulating my ship's personality, but for right now, it's:

"I suggest a frontal assault."

After a tangle with a star station that had already been beaten within an inch of its life, I may change it. :-)

------------------

CMDR Anchises

GCV Dawn Treader

GCV-Dreadnaught-'Retreat? Hell'

This tells a little about my fighting style.

I'm a little aggressive. I have pages of reprimands for exceeding my orders wink.gif">....<P>------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught

ICQ#34741

GALCOMPRIME

Shipsmotto: "Retreat? Hell!"

[This message has been edited by Maxamillian (edited 07-31-99).]

Guest Commander Hamblin

Ah, I just remembered something I was going to ask. How did some of you think up your ship names? I (And Parias) got the ship name Galatea (Or Galatae in Parias' case) from Conflict Freespace.

And some of the ship names I've heard sound normal enough. But there are some that make no immediate sense (e.g GCV Svoboda. Sorry to use yours Ben.) Could the authors of some of these 'weird' ship names please elaborate.

Thanks.

Well, I dunno if you think my ships name is unusual or not, but the origins of the GCV Tsunami actually come from my ST:TNG RPG days. Ok, so the name wasnt in the normal vein of ye old Galaxy class ships, but It was my campaign, so I could name it whatever I want. So there you go.

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#31927230

See the discussion on the thread on the old forum above. I was cruising that thread figuring Mythology woud play a fairly large role in naming ships and even seeing a couple of examples(I think, it was a long time ago. smile.gif) But I noticed there was no Phoenix.

The X-Men cartoon had recently run the Phoenix episodes so I snagged it. Then something else clicked and I watched my computer boot up and lo and behold I have a Phoenix Bios also. smile.gif

Then I went searching for a gif. Couldn't find one I liked until I went to a message board dealing with gifs. Dragon gifs in particular(thinking mythology again). I mailed the author of that page and asked where I could find one. He modified one of his and gave me permission to use it. Amazing what you can get if you ask nicely.

I animated it myself with Microsoft GIF Animator ( I think, snagged several to try) and the end result is the one seen on my Insurgent page.

Doubt mine is all that weird but you did ask. wink.gif

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

"We Shall Arise From The Ashes"

Guest kwasi

Commander Hamblin,

> Could the authors of some of these 'weird' ship names please elaborate.

I guess the name of my ship, the GCV EYE OF HERU, might fall into the "weird" name category. The name is inspired by the ancient Egyptian deity, Heru (The Greeks called him Horus, Harsiese, and Harendotes. The Egyptians called him Heru), the son of Auser (Osiris) and Auset (Isis). Together they make up the ancient Egyptian "trinity." The eye referred to is his left one which was lost, and later restored by Thoth, in a battle with his uncle Seth. The glyph, the wadjat-eye (I wish I had a graphic, you'd recognize it) became a symbol of the power of the god of light (one of Heru aspects is that of the rising sun on the horizon) and served as potent protection against evil. The sacred bird of Heru/Horus is the falcon so it is traditional for the commander of the EYE to take the name of a favored bird during his/her tenure on board.

Cmdr. Tarsus Wren

GCV Eye of Heru

PRIME FLEET

"Nothing escapes the all-seeing Eye..."

It is difficult fer me to try and describe the origin of me ship's name and motto. For those that follow the RP thread will know this already wink.gif.

TTFN

------------------

Gallion

GCV Graf Spee

Commander

Corsair Wing

=Wraith Fleet=

"Run Silent, Run Deep"

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 08-04-99).]