name, rank and service

J.Smith

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first platoon sgt came straight from being an RI and had NO experience in leading a platoon. That was a blast. He called everyone 'Ranger' and expected us to all be hardcore. I had so much fun with him that I took a week off without permission. Probably not the smartest way to handle it, but I did get transferred to another company when I came back.

(Edit) The worst part about it is that he, understandably, hated my guts. Then, 3 years later when I was a CPL getting ready to ETS, guess who became my company's new 1SG? Boy was he pissed to see me with stripes!

[ 12-19-2002, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: Kiran ]

• 2 weeks later...

Hot? christ man it was like 118-125 during the day and cold as hell at night:(

sucked

but thats okay

had good training and got to hear a marine general admit that there analyst suck and they gona adopt army training program etc. etc.

ohh i get to goto bragg soon yay

ohh and dont know if anyone mentioned these two trix or not but an e5 friend of mine did this to his new 2lt, had him mark the weak spots in the commander's tank's armor with white chalk, then later sent him out to get a exhaust sample in a plastic bag (for those of you who dont know about m1a2 they have a jet turbine engine in them puts off really hot exhaust melts through the bag very fast) when he finaly got one he sent him back because it was cold and it had to be a hot sample, and then finaly he did that pricky e 8 thing y'all mentioned earlier, lt went right into the officer with commander/1sgt there and asked for it, laughed about that one for a week, then we uhh re distrubted the doors of his hmmvw, think the captain actualy made him pay for the doors too lots of fun

Guest Grayfox

quote:

had him mark the weak spots in the commander's tank's armor with white chalk

LMFAO!!!! i forgot about that one... we had cherry's do that, but we would have them hit the track with a rubber mallet looking for weak spots and then marking them with a white chalk x... too funny.

and i know it gets hot there. im originally from vegas, and ive also done 3 summer NTC rotations, so i feel for you. have fun and keep up the good work