Mainstream Media sucks...

weegee_101

So does Acclaim Entertainment.

Check out Gabe's news post on Penny Arcade and you'll see what I mean.

Does anybody else find that outrageous? Newscasters who only talk to game designers for higher ratings are sad individuals. I don't know about you, but I'm not even considering buying BMXXX. Some of these newscasters should review decent games for once.

Whats your take on this?

Media sucks. People suck, and are always too biased.

Trust me. If I were a few years older, I'd go out and buy BMX XXX myself. Not joking.

BMX XXX isn't mainstream, it's supposed to be for a small portion of the gaming community, specifically 20-30 year olds.

The game itself has a very strong bike engine underneath, and is more than a simple "let's build a new game on this engine" game.

From what I've seen, heard, and experienced of the game, it's got the a class of estranged humor that's typical of pop culture shocks suck as Jackass, Bevis & Butthead, The Osbournes, etc. It's aimed at the kind of people who watch that kind of stuff anyway.

You're not supposed to take stuff for face value. Ever. You have to look at it from the eyes of the target audience.

Some people are wayyyy to sensitive about certain things. Oh sure, "it's bad for children", etc. It's not for children, numbnuts. They're not marketing it for kids, idiots.

And then they'll blame some game of leading to some shooting. Try attacking something like domestic trouble first, before blaming trouble on everything else. If someone's too on the edge or pissed to think straight, then it's not the fault of the influence, it's the fault of whatever got him to lose himself and believe that influence.

People are way too sensitive, and way too stupid. Like this.

(I've been ranting about over-sensitive propaganda-spewing idiots all day. Specifically arguing that link above. (I'm damn sure it's a fake site, but similar messages piss me off.) Sorry if I appear a bit jumpy today.)

[ 12-19-2002, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

OMFG. Your joking me, that site has got to be a friggin joke.

I don't think I've EVER, and I mean EVER seen something THAT, yes THAT STUPID. Anyone who feels that way should be dragged out into the middle of I-95 and shot, that is if the gunman could get the shot off before the cars finish the idiots off.

I swear, there is soooooooooo much bullshit in the world now, waaaaay too much bullshit. Kinda makes you wonder what direction this world is headed in.

quote:

We believe that Peter Jackson and New Line Cinema's actions are in fact hate speech. The movie is intentionally being named The Two Towers in order to capitalize on the tragedy of September 11. Clearly, you cannot deny the fact that this falls under hate speech. We believe that if they will not willingly change the name, the government should step in to stop the movie's production or to force a name change.

If ignorance is bliss, they must be in heaven.

People need to start reading more. Perhaps then we wouldn't have this much bullshit.

[ 12-22-2002, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Cmdr. WeeGee ]

quote:

The very structure of the AP -- the impersonal bureaucracy through which this huge volume of information is filtered -- encourages "desk reporting" from foreign correspondents

Bureaucracy worked for Soviet elites for quite some time and currently serves free market elites very nicely.

Having media dedicated to profit, sensationalism, and fell good BS if perfectly suited for maintaining a society taught to value the same.

It's not manipulation, itÔÇÖs content engineering.....it's not biased, itÔÇÖs the ÔÇ£information marketÔÇØ...and we all know markets regulate themselves in everyoneÔÇÖs best interest....always.

Besideshow does having an informed citizenry truly benefit a society anyway? We really should just stick with practicing democracy in the industry constructed consumer context. Imagine.we could all end up walking around wearing tin foil beanies made in Singapore believing in evil things like universal health care and some weird notion of social and economic justice.(shudders violently).that you CNN!

the sudden rise in the whiner population lends credence to the recent sniper sttacks, they were probably just putting a few whiners out of their misery.not very sensitive of me I know, but I have always beleived, that when it 's a persons time to go, it doesn't matter how or where they die. and singing the blues about every little thing after the fact is simply childish and petty

remember them for who they were.not where death found them.I really don't think the surviving loved ones of the 9/11 attackwould equate a movie title to the towers, besides, that particular book was around long before the WTC was built.